Question for you guys on Power Poles

I gotten bit by the new boat or new boat to me bug. I have a question for the group I currently have 2 Pro Series Power Poles 8 footers that have the updated pumps etc on them.

"Is there really a significant difference in Blades vs Pro Series that would make you spend the money on new ones?" Meaning if I find the right deal on a boat out ther without poles on it would you not just keep the ones I have now?

Are getting the new style blades that much better other than looks, weight etc. over my Pro Series?

Do they function that much better that it is worth the money?

I will admit the blades with the colors and being narrow look great but does that look worth going through spending all that money again if I already have them?

What are your thoughts?
    Steven Dendy-Spring Hill, KS
    2017 Phoenix 721 PRO XP 250-PRO XS
    Past Rides

​07 Triton - TR-196 200-Opti
    01 Triton - TR-21 225 HO Johnson
    93 Javelin 379T 91 Rude Intruder

83 Tidecraft - Wildfire F/S 150 Black Max

Upgraded to blades couple years ago from pros. At that time the blades were much faster,not sure the difference now with updated pumps. Other difference,the fiberglass stick is bigger diameter on the blade reducing bending a tad. Only other I can think of the pros seem to be more solid when in stowed position,blades have some play in them
    2016 BassCat Cougar FTD

3. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    The Blades feature a larger bushing system at all of the pivot joints and they are a bit more rigid due to the slimmer u-channel design which also makes them more aerodynamic. They also have a larger diameter spike with a much larger Everflex mold over compared to the Pro or Sportsman. All of this combined will result in better control of a heavier load under extreme anchoring conditions.

The Blade models also have SoftClose, this slows the system down right before it is fully closes to reduce noise and vibration.

There is only a 5 lb difference between the Pro2 8'(17.75 lbs) and the Blade 8'(23.15 lbs) on the transom. All of our models are very light weight, but on some boats every pound counts!

The stern bracket on the 10' Blade is much more robust, constructed of a solid polymer core sandwiched together with stainless steel sheet metal and covered up with two shrouds. The hydraulic hose on both Blade models is also routed through the stern brackets, versus through the front of the u-channel on the Pro and Sportsman series. This reduces the amount of hydraulic hose that is seen on the outside of the boat.

The Blade is also our fastest available model, but using the C-Monster app, the user can adjust the max speed to a lower setting comparable to the Pro2 resulting in comparable noise during operation . Even on max speed, many users comment on how quiet the system is.

If you have any other questions, please let me know!

This was posted from powerpole this morning on this very subject, if you need poles let me know we offer some of the best pricing and always free shipping.