Best place to get replacement trailer lights? LED?

I plan on replacing my trailer bunks soon and decided I want to rewire my trailer and change out the lights to LED on my 2005 triton boat trailer. I've done some searching locally, but curious where you have bought from before and had good luck. I will be replacing all trailer lights to LED including the Triton Boats cut out on the side. I'm a novice at this kind of stuff so any advice is appreciated. I recently moved my boat into a shop on my property. And for the first time, feel like I have time, room, and space to work on a few things. Thanks Coach

I have a 05 as well and just swapped mine out for led. I got them all from Eastern Marine trailer parts they all plugged right in.

I think they're all pretty standard...oval or rectangular light with a 3 pin plug in. 15 minutes

I used Optronics that I got at either Academy or BPS.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

4. Member
    Thanks guys

Tractor Supply has a good selection of trailer supplies of all types.
    Old Retarded Jarhead
    Master Sergeant of Marines (Retired)

6. Member
    Most farm supply stores have good selection of trailer parts
    Joefish
    2007 Ranger 178DVS
    Evinrude ETEC 150

<*)}}}><

7. Member
    I've replaced the wiring and lights on two boat trailers now, and used optronics LEDs, ordered from etrailer.com. Most running light mounts are standard so you should be able to pop out the old bulb lights and put LEDs in. I wouldn't replace the mounts unless they are broke or aren't making a good ground connection.

The two recommendations I would give you is to use dielectric grease on plugin connections, and use marine grade heat shrink tubing over wire connections. If you are redoing the wiring, soldering is the best, but I have't have a problem with butt connectors.

8. Member
    I bought all my lights, bearings and seals through etrailer.com They have good videos of the products showing light out put and what not. They offer free shipping and their customer service is great.
    2003 Skeeter ZX200

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by awmcdonald View Post
    ............The two recommendations I would give you is to use dielectric grease on plugin connections, and use marine grade heat shrink tubing over wire connections. If you are redoing the wiring, soldering is the best, but I have't have a problem with butt connectors.
    If you haven't tried Liquid Electrical Tape I suggest you try it. Paint it over the splice or solder joint, slide heat shrink over it and heat. It coats the repair and forces the liquid out of the heat shrink ends to form a hermetically sealed area that won't trap water inside.

10. Member
    i got mine off ebay
    2004 Ranger 521vx Yamaha 250 SHO

11. Member
    I have a Ranger Trail, 2000, single axle, with original light fixtures. Anybody swapped out LED's on one of these? Where did you get them?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by billnorman1 View Post
    If you haven't tried Liquid Electrical Tape I suggest you try it. Paint it over the splice or solder joint, slide heat shrink over it and heat. It coats the repair and forces the liquid out of the heat shrink ends to form a hermetically sealed area that won't trap water inside.
    This is super good advice but to make it easier buy marine grade heat shrink tubing. It has adhesive on the inside and when heated it completely seals the joint.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

13. Member
    Originally Posted by billnorman1

Quote Originally Posted by ifishinxs View Post
    This is super good advice but to make it easier buy marine grade heat shrink tubing. It has adhesive on the inside and when heated it completely seals the joint.
    I haven't seen Marine Grade heat shrink. If it does what you say, then either would be roughly equivalent. In that case use what you can get.

I just did my whole trailer in LED lights. Got mine from Amazon. Best prices by far. Autozone had just the rear 2 lights for $80....paid $60 on amazon for rear, 3 bar rear, and marker lights. All submersible LED
    US Air Force
    2001 Ranger Cherokee
    2001 Mercury 75HP Four Stroke
    Humminbird Helix 7's SI & DI
    Minn Kota Ultrex iPilot 80lb

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DChil View Post
    I just did my whole trailer in LED lights. Got mine from Amazon. Best prices by far. Autozone had just the rear 2 lights for $80....paid $60 on amazon for rear, 3 bar rear, and marker lights. All submersible LED
    Bright, ain't they?