Trailer actuator

Sorry - I'm sure this is in the forum somewhere. I've looked and looked and found similar posts, but
    no exactly what I'm after.... We are new (used) Ranger owners! YAY!!
    But.....the trailer has a few issues. One being that we need to replace the actuator, master cylinder and coupler assembly

Looking at the UFP A-60 from Waymire. We've called them and looks like this will work, but I guess we would
    still need to modify the swing tongue? Because this won't fit exactly into the slide?

Ranger says they can custom make a new unit for around $450 & takes 3 weeks

But does anyone know for sure if you can replace it using this unit? Or has anyone had experience replacing this whole unit?
    If so, what did you use?

Ours that is on there now is Tie Down Engineering LP70
    It is a 2008 Ranger Trail - tandem

Thanks for any input!

2. Member
    I think you can get a repair kit to fix the one you have, but to replace a TD with UFP you have to replace the swing tongue.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Twister6 View Post
    I think you can get a repair kit to fix the one you have, but to replace a TD with UFP you have to replace the swing tongue.
    Thanks Twister 6! We may go with just the repair kit if we have to. The whole coupler itself is in bad shape, so wanted to replace the whole thing, but is sounding like
    not an easy or cheap task!

4. Member
    I just went through this. The coupler is no longer available. I got by with the repair kit from Ranger. The only other option is the new piece from Ranger.
    Just another beer drinker with a fishing problem.

5. Member
    I just did this repair a few months ago with the repair kit. Quite simple. Only problem I had was I figured out my back brake lines were also bad (leaky). Got my kit from eastern marine/trailer. There was one clip on the small hose that was a pain to put back together.

6. Member
    I just replaced the actuator on my 2007 ranger trail. I called ranger with the trailer serial number and I had the parts in less than a week. IT came with new pins. I used my old coupler. Ranger was great to deal with.

7. Member
    Thanks everyone! This forum is the best. Everyone is so helpful! Think we'll try to start out with the repair kit and hope that works. Will keep you posted.
    Thanks again!

8. Member
    The actuator was around 180.00 shipped. The only problem was a seized bolt on the master cylinder on top of the swing away tounge. Unbolt and slide the new one in. Make sure you note how the break away break cable goes. I had a guy help me that had done it before. WE bleed the brakes and good to go. IT took about 2.5 hours.

I ordered the whole new tongue new from Ranger. It was nicely painted with the solenoid attached and trailer wiring. It was worth the extra money to me.