Yamaha pro series?

I have a 27m on my tr21 and I was told there are 2 series of these props. If you look where the prop specs are, it will be followed by a 1 or 2: ex 27m-1 or 27m-2. Does anyone have any info on this? Are they different? Is one better than the other? The reason I ask is because I was told that the 2 designation is a better prop and is much more desirable.

Thank you

I just bought a prop that was labeled as a 23m-2. My old prop is just a m23. Difference in these 2 is that the m-2 is not vented. The 23m is vented.

3. Member
    The M2 for the Pro Series props is a second generation design that has stronger blades

Quote Originally Posted by Randy T View Post
    The M2 for the Pro Series props is a second generation design that has stronger blades
    The thicker blades on this new prop was another thing I noticed.

5. Member
    thank you for this. so I have the m1 series and either need to work my prop or buy another. Is it worth working the 1 or should I try to find a 2 series?

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rat0502 View Post
    thank you for this. so I have the m1 series and either need to work my prop or buy another. Is it worth working the 1 or should I try to find a 2 series?
    Depends on what you want. If you run the M1 on a motor greater than 200hp you may want to look at a M2. I doubt you will get any performance with the 2 identical.

7. Member
    Depends on what you want. If you run the M1 on a motor greater than 200hp you may want to look at a M2. I doubt you will get any performance with the 2 identical.
    Thanks, I will look for an m-2 but if I don't find one I will just get this one worked and hope I don't sling a blade!!