Thread: Oznium updates?

Oznium updates?

Hi Oznium users. Been wanting to use their bolt LEDs for deck lights for a long time and the time has come. Looking for any and all updates on these before I order. If anybody has used the 3w version, have you noticed any yellowing of the clear lens/coating? They say they use epoxy to seal the stainless 3w version - I've never seen an epoxy that didn't yellow over time.
    Kevin | 2000 Champion 19​1 | 2000 Yamaha OX66 200hp

2. Member
    i used the 1w version to get the black housing with the lens to match my boat. dont know about the yellowing of the epoxy, but the lights work good. had them a couple years and have been pleased. i used a 1/2" forstner bit and then used silicone to adhere them to the boat and seal the holes.

3. Member
    Thanks.

4. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    I have 18 Oznium 3wt stainless steel, 2 of them did turn yellow recently, I have not contacted them about it yet.
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

5. Member
    Thanks. Yeah, I think I'll try and ask them about it too. Will report back what they say.

6. BBC SPONSOR
    If your boat sits outside, they will definitely turn yellow. I've seen it happen several times. Although, I had them on my Skeeter for 3 years and never had a problem, it was always garage kept.
    I'd be interested to hear what Drewtick has to say, I don't think his boat sits outside.

7. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    nope,my boat dont see the sunshine unless im fishing, its just 2 lights, the ones right beside these haven't turned
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

8. Member
    There are probably some UV stabilized epoxies out there, most you come by are not though and will yellow. Will have to get the word from the horses mouth, see what they say about what kind of epoxy they use on these.

9. Member
    I emailed Oznium yesterday and they got right back to me. The waterproof coating they use is silicone and yes it yellows. They said they have not found one yet that doesn't.

10. Member
    thanks for reporting that. dang. I thought they said they use epoxy in the listing on their site. well, more decisions....I winder what clear material Bluewater uses on their strips that doesn't really ever yellow?

11. Member
    I got the 11mm 1w with a lens. If I do it again I will go with the 6mm. The lens did come out of 2 of them when I was installing them but they sent me 2 new ones pretty quick and then emailed me to check and see how they are doing. I still have one that the lens popped out, I think I'm going to try and super glue it back in and see if it is still clear. That way if one pops out I will have something to try before I buy more lights. I will buy more from them.