Mercury Trim Switch

Mercury 2.5 200hp serial# ODOO6834
    Hey was wondering does anyone know how to get into the control panel to get into the switch it needs to be changed.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    It is a Quicksilver control the label came off that was in the middle of the handler .

If you remove the 3 visible screws, the entire control box will detach from the boat. Once detached, you can rotate the control box such that the back side is on top. You will see several screws on the back side. Remove these screws to to remove the back cover of the control box. One inside you will find screws that hold the control lever together. There are a lot of parts inside the control box. Make sure you don't loose any parts and that you put everything back together the way you found it.

4. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by straffordengineer View Post
    If you remove the 3 visible screws, the entire control box will detach from the boat. Once detached, you can rotate the control box such that the back side is on top. You will see several screws on the back side. Remove these screws to to remove the back cover of the control box. One inside you will find screws that hold the control lever together. There are a lot of parts inside the control box. Make sure you don't loose any parts and that you put everything back together the way you found it.
    I know nothing about this, but I do know that taking pictures of anything you take apart is a good idea. Good luck!

5. Member
    delete
    Last edited by rchavis; 01-15-2017 at 01:05 PM. Reason: double post

6. Member
    My thing is ....will the nuts or bolts holding it behide the control .Will they fall down inside the boat or they some can of arnchor (nuts) and will stay in place ?

Quote Originally Posted by rchavis View Post
    My thing is ....will the nuts or bolts holding it behine the control .Will they fall down inside the boat or are they some can of anchor (nuts) and will stay in place ?
    It will depend on the boat design but typically the nuts are captive or the the bolts screw directly in the boat frame.

8. Member
    Again, depending on your boat, you may be able to twist your body under the console(?) to be able to look up the gunnel and see how the fasteners were used. You may find nuts and washers behind the fiberglass that secure the control.
    Michael Martin
    Virginia...now in Maryland
    1998 P III, 2006 200 Optimax SOLD
    2017 Robalo 226 Cayman, 200 Yamaha 4 stroke

9. Member
    Thanks every one , for try to help me . What is the part # for the switch also ? Don't see no # on the control.

10. Member
    18286a43 try this
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................