Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Warranty Question

I have 2016 ZX225 that has 18 hours on it. I noticed the other day that I have a soft spot on the floor in front of the passenger seat. It is soft when you step on it and it cracks. Like the sound of fiberglass cracking. I've spoken to my dealer and he said it might have to go back to Skeeter. If it does go back what is the usual turn around time for a repair like that? Who has had their boat sent back?

Thanks

2. Member
    Haven't had to send my boat back to the factory. But I have 16 fx20 LE that has some cracking. My dealer is getting mine replaced with a 17 fx20 LE.

That would be fine with me if that happened.

4. Member
    Mine went back to a fiberglass shop in October, from the fiberglass shop to Skeeter in November, Skeeter to me in March, back to Skeeter because they didn't fixed all the issues, back to me in April still with issues.

Call regularly to get updates and stay on them.
    I don't know where we are, but we are making darn good time.

UGH...

6. Member
    Time may depend on how fast your dealer moves boats too. Mines headed back but it will move on the trailer that drops boats off when it heads back, and then once fixed come back on the next shipment. I dropped my boat off on Dec 12, dealer sent request on 20th, Holiday break slowed them down, I'm waiting pickup to go back to TX.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'll keep my head up. My dealer moves allot of boats so hopefully that helps

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by phlipnstik View Post
    I have 2016 ZX225 that has 18 hours on it. I noticed the other day that I have a soft spot on the floor in front of the passenger seat. It is soft when you step on it and it cracks. Like the sound of fiberglass cracking. I've spoken to my dealer and he said it might have to go back to Skeeter. If it does go back what is the usual turn around time for a repair like that? Who has had their boat sent back?

Thanks
    Please keep us updated on this. I have the exact same issue with my 16 zx250 in the same spot. Doesn't feel soft to me but can't definitely hear something when you step in front of the passenger seat. Kinda brushed it off when I first noticed it before I put the boat away, now thinking I should get the boat out of storage and to the dealer in case it would need to go back.

9. Member
    Hopefully you have a good dealer... I firmly believe they play a big part in how Skeeter follows thru on warranty issues. I bought a 2014 TZX190. After 4 months I added 2 Talons and could not get them level. After multiple attempts to level them we noticed my motor was mounted crooked on the boat. I called my dealer and they said bring it in. After they examined it they agreed the motor was mounted crooked. We both called Skeeter and they wanted to fill and redrill the motor mounts. I was not happy with that at all, my dealer agreed with me. We both made some more phone calls and then Skeeter agreed to replace my boat. Lucky for me my dealer had another TZX190 on the lot so then got a credit for that boat and I didn't have to wait long at all. I ended up paying the difference for a sho motor instead of the hpdi that was on my original boat. Oh, I did have to keep the original trailer as well. Good Luck. Hopefully your issue isn't major.

10. Member
    Sometimes dealers can get approvals from manufacturers to have the work done local, depending on the severity of the issue and that is usually a faster process because you are in control of when it goes to the fiberglass shop once the manufacturer gives the approval to do the work, but like was mentioned above, it's a lot about your dealer working for you in this case and pushing the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeeter08i View Post
    Please keep us updated on this. I have the exact same issue with my 16 zx250 in the same spot. Doesn't feel soft to me but can't definitely hear something when you step in front of the passenger seat. Kinda brushed it off when I first noticed it before I put the boat away, now thinking I should get the boat out of storage and to the dealer in case it would need to go back.
    I did the same the last time I had it out in November. I noticed it but brushed it off, but as I was digging around it get tackle and rods put away for winter I really started to notice it. The more I stepped on it or around it the worse it got. It definitely has allot of flex to it. Its not solid. Honestly, the top cap will probably have to come off to repair this from the underside. I will keep everyone updated on the process and the response from my dealer and skeeter.

Update - boats at the dealer. I was told it does not have to bo back to the factory. Apparently this is an easy fix and I should have it back from their glass shop in a few weeks.

13. Member
    Awesome that's grate news.

14. Banned
    I wouldn't say it's a great news when a new boat has to have glass work. Unfortunately, this is the standard for most new skeeters.

15. Member
    It's grate news his boat isn't going back to the factory but yes it totally sucks that he's even dealing with this. Seams everything is like this now days no matter what you buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
    I wouldn't say it's a great news when a new boat has to have glass work. Unfortunately, this is the standard for a few new boats of all makes
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

It definitely sucks my boats sitting outside at the dealer and not in my garage but Im happy that its an easy fix and I should get it back soon. Overall thats the only issue I have found with it. All and all its been a very solid boat. Even the soft spot wasnt that big of an issue but it would have drove me crazy. Im OCD when it comes to my stuff

18. Member
    What did it end up being? Lamination making it soft, lack of bracing etc? Contacted my dealer this weekend and will most likely have mine looked at in the next week or two.

I'll let you know when I find out. Won't be at their local glass shop until next week

20. Member
    My 2016 does the same thing. Mine is more in the center around the drain. I'm taking mine for a service on Monday. I'm going to have them look at it.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast