Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lakemurrayriverrat View Post
    Just an update on other problems. Besides the floor cracking and separating from the stringers, I now have blistering on my hull. The other problems I have had is the battery Charger breaking and the measuring board not fitting. My boat is only 3 months old. Do boats carry the lemon law like cars lol. Never had the first problem with my stratos.
    Deal directly with MinnKota for the charger. Trust me I learned the hard way. If you got a 4" C-clamp it will be a temporary fix.

2. Member
    Guys, I'm not making this stuff up. I went to get pictures for my dealer to send to skeeter for the blisters on my hull. I now have a crack in the gel coat about 6 inches long. So now I have blistering, and floor that has separated, cracked gel coat, and the other small stuff that my dealer already fixed. Again, my boat is only 3 months old now. I called to speak with Dominic at Skeeter. I have left him two messages and no return class. Something was definitely wrong when they built my boat. What do y'all think my options are? If you want to see pictures of what I'm talking about I left a review on the skeeter facebook page and put the pictures and video in the comments.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lakemurrayriverrat View Post
    Guys, I'm not making this stuff up. I went to get pictures for my dealer to send to skeeter for the blisters on my hull. I now have a crack in the gel coat about 6 inches long. So now I have blistering, and floor that has separated, cracked gel coat, and the other small stuff that my dealer already fixed. Again, my boat is only 3 months old now. I called to speak with Dominic at Skeeter. I have left him two messages and no return class. Something was definitely wrong when they built my boat. What do y'all think my options are? If you want to see pictures of what I'm talking about I left a review on the skeeter facebook page and put the pictures and video in the comments.
    Time to get it replaced under warranty

4. Member
    Have them give you a new 17. I just went thru the process. My 17 fx 20 le just got finished at the factory today.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Svan270 View Post
    Have them give you a new 17. I just went thru the process. My 17 fx 20 le just got finished at the factory today.
    That's what I hope they will do. How did you go about the replacing your boat.

6. Member
    After visiting the glass shop skeetee sent me to, the glass guy advised me to ask for a new boat. I told my dealer abd he handled everything.

7. Member
    I know it doesn't help any of you with issues, but I am soooo glad I bought an older ( '09 21i ) skeeter and don't have any of these issues. I cannot imagine how sick I would be to have this happen on a new rig but honestly, if I could afford a new boat, it would be a bass cat cougar.

Wanted to report back. Got my boat back today and couldnt be more impressed with Skeeters work and turn around time. It actually came in last week so it was turned around in about 3.5 weeks. They put the step in up to the front deck like the 17 FX boats for free, they replaced my bump rail, replaced my ZX225 decals on the side, even put those safety stickers back on the sponsons that I'll have to remove again, vacuumed the carpet and looks like the top cap was polished.
    Last edited by phlipnstik; 03-08-2017 at 10:59 AM.

9. Member
    I'm glad it worked out to the good for you.
    2014 ZX190, 175 HPDI
    HELIX 10 CHIRP MEGA SI GPS G2N

10. Member
    Good deal man. Glad they fixed it right. Skeeter does stand behind their boats

Picked up my replacement boat yesterday
    20170307_145317.jpg

11. Member
    I sure hope everything works out for you fellows having issues with your new boats. And I hope to hell Skeeter upgrades their QA/QC procedures to alleviate these issues. I know they're selling a bunch of boats but they're not doing themselves any favors with these type problems.
    2007 Skeeter 21i 300HDPI

I was told yesterday that Skeeter is dropping EZ loader at the end of 2017 and will begin building their own trailers in house.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by phlipnstik View Post
    I was told yesterday that Skeeter is dropping EZ loader at the end of 2017 and will begin building their own trailers in house.
    says who?

Says someone at my dealer. Not sure how true it is, just reporting what i was told

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter1234 View Post
    says who?
    There was an article in BASS about it I believe. The link to the article is somewhere on this board

16. Member
    Im not sure what some of you on here problem is with EZ Loader trailers? I have a 2015 zx250 and I love the trailer. Loads super easy, pulls good etc. I think if Skeeter builds there own there will be some growing pains! Plus costs of boats will sure to go up!!

17. Member
    I think Skeeter is already building their ZX tailers, and will add the rest down the road. Funny how you hear people say how inferior trailers from out sources are. They all are made from welded steel, coated with the same coatings purchased from the same suppliers, with running gear from the same suppliers. The only thing that will change is where the buck stops. The boat companies who build their own trailers won't be able to blame problems on a trailer supplier. They will own the issues, but there will still be issues.

18. Member
    I have been dealing with all the same issues now mine is back for the second time having cracks that have already been repaired once and returned again and new ones that showed up and i also have the problem under the seat

19. Member
    Skeeter has indeed begun making their own trailers. This is straight from Skeeter.

The EZ loader I have is all welded and pulls/loads well. As I have said b4, I sure am glad I have the I class and none of the "new" issues.

Since ez loader started makeing the channel trailers and got away from the tube frames. They have not had as many issues. Ive been happy with my 2015 ez loader. Almost all trailer manufacturers use the same ufp components brakes, axels, surge connector.
    Last edited by skeeter_tzx; 03-09-2017 at 05:36 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast