Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Curious to know what they say. Let us know

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by phlipnstik View Post
    Curious to know what they say. Let us know
    Does your soft spot make a cracking sound when you press down on it? Mine does. Anyway I'm taking it this afternoon, I will let you know how it turns out.

Yes it sounds like its cracking

4. Member
    I took mine yesterday, and they said it is the stringer. They said a skeeter rep needed to look at it so they can see what the problem is, so the factory is aware. My dealer has a glass shop next door, so I hope worse case they can do the work and my boat is not sent back to skeeter. This is prime fishing season in South Carolina with all our tournament trails just starting.

Boats headed back to skeeter tomorrow.....

6. Member
    Did they tell you what they thought was wrong? The skeeter rep told me they needed to put more puddy under the floor. He said is was nothing structural and it was fine to run it until I wanted it fixed. I will be sending mine back around August. I have a tournament nearly every weekend until June.

No, i meant to call dealer today but have been pretty sick the past few days. My plan is to talk to someone at the factory so they can explain it to me.

8. Smallmouth Junkie!
    Quote Originally Posted by Svan270 View Post
    Haven't had to send my boat back to the factory. But I have 16 fx20 LE that has some cracking. My dealer is getting mine replaced with a 17 fx20 LE.
    Wiedas?
    2012 Phoenix 721 pro xp / 250hp SHO
    2003 Skeeter TZX-190 / 150hp OX66

Say what? I seem to have the same issue with my ZX225 purchased under a year ago...kissed if off as my imagination etc but now I am somewhat concerned....

Just sent copy/paste to my dealer 57 miles away...

also, IF worst scenario...do I keep using my boat until the new hull arrives or what?
    Last edited by reelman; 02-08-2017 at 08:02 PM.

2018 Z19/200 Optimax 2 stroker 24x3 Fury Ultrex 112
    Lowrance HDS 12/9 Lives with 3 in 1 ducers

10. Member
    Damn now I am unsure about getting a Skeeter. I don't wanna buy a boat and have it sent back to Skeeter and be without one a in undertimned amount of time.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by reelman View Post
    Say what? I seem to have the same issue with my ZX225 purchased under a year ago...kissed if off as my imagination etc but now I am somewhat concerned....

Just sent copy/paste to my dealer 57 miles away...

also, IF worst scenario...do I keep using my boat until the new hull arrives or what?
    Skeeter said I could still use my boat. They said went it gets sent back, they were going to put more puddy under the floor. They should send me another hull and put my motor on it since my boat was just purchased 2 months ago.

From Skeeter Owners FB....
    A REAL OUCH ISSUE W/2016s!
    =======================
    BassBoatCentral under Skeeter boats ...Warranty Question:

"I have 2016 ZX225 that has 18 hours on it. I noticed the other day that I have a soft spot on the floor in front of the passenger seat. It is soft when you step on it and it cracks. Like the sound of fiberglass cracking. I've spoken to my dealer and he said it might have to go back to Skeeter."
    -----
    The "ouch" here is the thread is now loaded with other 2016 owners having the same issue....I seem to be one....I had kissed it off ....I fish solo 95% of the time and almost never step in front of the passenger seat so may have missed this headache...
    ==================================
    Hopefully, some 2016 owners will read the BBC post and post here....
    I just did a copy/paste to my dealer 57 miles away...
    do not need this hassle!!

Comments

Ray Arbesu Let them fix it.
    Skeeter will take care of you!

Like · Reply · 2 · 12 hrs

Dabnes Jay Fritz Had the same issue. They gave me a new 2017 package to replace it.
    Like · Reply · 12 hrs

Gary McGlohorn My 2016 has to go back for the same thing. My soft spot is around the drain between the two seats. I'm not sending it back til August. Too many tournaments going on now. It sucks, I only had the boat 2 months
    Like · Reply · 1 · 12 hrs

Shane Pickett That hull has a lifetime warranty. The issue you have will require your dealer to get the boat back to the factory to get it fixed right. I would use as an opportunity to go to the factory and meet great people that build a top of the line boat
    Like · Reply · 1 · 12 hrs

Brandon Newport Skeeter will take of this, it's not their fault sent you a PM
    Like · Reply · 12 hrs

Rich Rittichai QC is slackin
    Like · Reply · 12 hrs

Scott Hickman Not their fault? $50k and new boat has structural issues? Would say it's their fault.
    Like · Reply · 2 · 11 hrs

Doug Schexnayder It is my understanding the hull is warrantied for years...someone messed up the same small section or area or stringer or whatever...rest is rock solid as usual...this is horrible PR so I expect that in a very competitive market / social media....this MUST and WILL be addressed to customer satisfaction...

Last edited by reelman; 02-09-2017 at 12:04 PM.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lookout View Post
    Damn now I am unsure about getting a Skeeter. I don't wanna buy a boat and have it sent back to Skeeter and be without one a in undertimned amount of time.
    I wouldn't worry about it. It has been idetified and you know to look for it. Sems as if the 16s are having this issue. Nothing about 15s or 17s yet. If the 17s have this issue it should appear with FX line as well. I'm not sure on the sales numbers for 2016 ZX boats, but from the looks of it about 5 people have publically adressed the issue. Still a small number and the odds are in your favor.

I did call yesterday and it is at the factory. No one is offering me a new boat though. I would like to talk to the guy that had the same problem and got a new boat out of it.

At 12:30pm EST today (Feb9) I got a return e mail from dealer...
    so he has the information and knows the issue..
    I am relaxing until Tuesday...

they are closed Sunday & Monday...

he has hull # and papers on the whole deal Feb2016...
    if I do not hear by around noon Tuesday...will try Skeeter...

(BTW, on the down low I am told Skeeter knew of this issue and has been addressing it for months)

I made an iP6 video illustrating the issue (about 80 seconds or so) as regards my 2016 ZX225...
    anyone wanting to see it...PM me with your e mail or e mail me at topwater2015@exede.net and mention its BBC Skeeter Forum guy...

Just heard from SKEETER >>>>
    it is nothing structural and is easy to fix.

The floor is bonded down to and sometimes there is a void between the 2 surfaces. After some time it may shrink up and create a soft spot.

We can bring the boat back here and fix it very easily. It can be done by a local repair facility as well.

Sent: Thursday, February 09, 2017 9:00 AM

To: Dominic Lozano <Dominic_Lozano@yamaha-motor.com>

Subject: Parts/Warranty Request

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MichSkeeter77 View Post
    Wiedas?
    Nah

19. Member
    Just an update on other problems. Besides the floor cracking and separating from the stringers, I now have blistering on my hull. The other problems I have had is the battery Charger breaking and the measuring board not fitting. My boat is only 3 months old. Do boats carry the lemon law like cars lol. Never had the first problem with my stratos.

20. Member
    I also broke my charger in my new zx250. Figured it was just the 5 footers we were in that day beating us up. Will surely have them do a good run through when I take it in for the spot in front of the seat.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast