Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. You tube@ Rix Fishing Fix
    I bought a $50 Timex Marathon for $3 yes $3 before Christmas on clearance at a Wal Mart. Last one of these I bought lasted 5 or 6 years. Works for me.
    TYG-(Trust Your Gut!!)

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vaw121 View Post
    I've checked out shinola when the first started up and have kept an eye on them since it is a Detroit company. Their product isn't worth the price they where asking in the first place. Trying to get hipsters to buy something new that looks vintage is not a good business model.
    The hell it ain't. I'm guessing that's sarcasm. Hipsters are buying every old house around here and especially the Columbus area. All the new bars and eateries look retro. All I hear from flooring customers is wood ,wood ,wood. What's old is now the new.

3. Member
    Watch = expensive man jewelry... no thanks.
    Chris

2020 Nitro Z19 Pro w/ 200 ProXS

G-Shock

Quote Originally Posted by cowtrimmer View Post
    Apparently your not much of a watch aficionado then.
    I am but never heard of them either. A lot of those parts are from China, seems more like assembled in Detroit. And tbh, I don't think "made in Detroit" is a selling point for watches that would be valued by someone in to higher end time pieces. I checked online for some reviews and prices, these seem just slightly higher prices than a fashion brand watch, which is overpriced for what you're getting.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by n2ratfishin View Post
    Filson discontinued some of their Shinola models and TJ Maxx bought them all. You may find a case full of 700-1000 dollar Made in Detroit Shinola watches marked down to 199-229. Seems like people are buying them up and re-selling on E-Bay for about 50.00 each profit. If you've ever wanted a new Shinola you won't find one at a better price.

Figured a few BBC'rs might be interested?

The Shinola story is pretty interesting.

https://www.shinola.com/customer-ser...t-origins.html
    I might pick up a second one at that price. I don't wear the one my wife bought for me as a wedding present often, but mostly because of the leather band. I need to get a synthetic or rubber strap to deal with all the handwashing I do in healthcare.
    __________________________________________________ _______________
    "If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
    -David Daye

7. Member
    My wife has one and loves the way it looks. Finding one at a discount price might be worth it.
    08 Triton 17 Explorer/08 90 Merc

8. Member
    Might hafta look into one now......If I was gonna spend that kind of $ on one, it would have been a Tissot........might have to look harder there now.

9. Member
    People still wear watches?

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RFeyoMN View Post
    People still wear watches?
    I do.....hate having to look at my phone all the time for the time.

My last watch broke a couple years ago and I haven't bothered to get another one. I guess I don't really care what time it is.
    Alan
    __________________________________________________ _________
    Free men are not equal. Equal men are not free.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan S View Post
    My last watch broke a couple years ago and I haven't bothered to get another one. I guess I don't really care what time it is.
    I don't either, but unfortunately the rest of the World does.....so I have to make sure I put in a trying effort anymore

13. Member
    Dang guys I leave for a while and go for a cool (cold down souf) fishing trip and you all rip my thread

I normally put on one of my dozen or so watches and pick out matching accessories before I put anything else on in the AM. I guess I had to wear green, camouflage, or blue polyester for so long I figure this is one of life's simple pleasures. Different strokes.

Comrad, if you want to see some expensive man jewelry check out William Henry.

14. Banned
    Have not worn a watch in so many years i can not remember when i last did, maybe 10-15 years or so.

15. Member
    I looked at their watches a couple of years ago but thought they were too expensive for a watch with a quartz movement. The $200 price is much better, though it may be explained by an FTC inquiry into the companies Made in USA claim.

I have worn an Apple Watch since last February. I bought it to use as heart rate and activity tracker while I was recovering from surgery. Now I wear it everyday while my nicer watches sit in the closet. I was talking with family and friends over the weekend. It was shocking how many of the guys were wearing Apple Watches while their Rolex was sitting at home...lol.
    13 year old Tracker

17. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fr8dog View Post
    I messed up a while back. A guy in Turkey had a whole box of Rolex watches for $20 each. He swore to me that they were real. Has anybody seen what they go for around here? If I had bought him out, I could have retired. Oh well. Hindsight is always 20/20.
    Had a buddy bring me one of those back from overseas, it was a definatly not a rolex..LOL. When you compared it to a real rolex, the difference was very obvious, especially the weight, and when you opened it up, the mechanism had a grind mark on it where the mfg name was ground off.. I call it my RoREX.....LOL

18. Member
    I guess am old school two things I have to have a watch and a pocket knife.

19. Member
    I had a Casio about 18 years ago that showed the best fishing times by displaying 1 to 4 fish at any given time. It actually worked pretty well for the largemouths. It could have been a confidence factor but any how it's on the bottom of the Alabama River now.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 5-Dinks View Post
    Guess not. In fact since smart phones came out I never even wear one any longer unless on a job interview. Wearing a wrist-watch today is about as useful as having a pocket watch still once wrist-watches came about. You car has a clock in it, your PC has one, your office desktop phone has one, your smartphone which is always at arms reach has one, your microwave/ stove and dvr have one and your t.v. set usually has one so again what's the point really?
    So do my graphs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12