2007 Triton tr200 X2 with reg Optimax 225

What would be the best all around prop for this boat. I currently run a tempest plus 25 at around 67gps. Hole shot is good unless 2 of us and live wells full. I would like to get a little better handling with a 4 blade but not sure what to try. I did try a bravo but dropped to 65 and a tro4 which was around the same. What is the thoughts on a fury 4?

2. Member
    How many rpm's are you turning that 25 tempest at 67 mph and what's your prop to pad measurement? What pitch Bravo did you try. If your rpm's and speed dropped with another 4 blade why would you think a fury 4 would be any different it's still a four blade? You already have the best prop for that boat and motor now but it might need some work and your set up might need to be changed.

3. Member
    I'm running about 5700 rpms. I figured the fury 4 was similar but was hoping some one would tell me something else

4. Banned
    I'm not a prop expert but I have run a trophy plus, a Bravo and a fury4. The bravo runs completely different than the other two. A lot of guys love the fury4, but for me the bravo works the best.

5. Member
    No 4 blade prop is going to be faster, than the 3 blade prop, that you currently have.

6. Member
    What pitch was the Bravo you ran? You may need to drop in pitch with a four blade to keep the rpm's up so a 24" prop might work but for speed that tempest you have will be the best but it needs some repairs which could help handling too.

7. Member
    Thanks . I appreciate everyones help

8. Member
    Whats prop to pad?....4's like to run higher on a Triton.

9. Member
    what are you trying to get out of your boat? the x2 should not have a handling problem. I am running a 2007 tr21 x2 with a 250 pro xs and a 24p fury work by Mark. Great hole shot with two guys and live wells full, five batteries and full tank of gas. 65mph at 5400 rpm.