Fortrex on Stratos 201?

I bought a used 52" fortrex 112 off the boards for my 07 Stratos 201. It had a Maxxum pro 101 on it before. My problem is, I didn't realize the mount for the fortrex was so much longer. It's around 9" longer at the base than my old one was. It wouldn't be a problem but my boat has the raised panel all the way around the bow where the switches and front graph are located. So the end of the mount sticks out around 8-9" from the front of my boat which looks kinda dumb. Has anybody else done this and is there anything I can do to tuck it in further, or do I need to just live with it? I will not trim that panel on the boat. Thanks in advance.

2. Member
    Attached Images Attached Images

3. Member
    Go to a store where you can get the composite cutting boards. Cut it to fit the mount and sandwich it between the mount and the deck. This will raise the motor up apx 1/2". If you need more height, double the cutting board.
    John
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

4. Member
    I thought about raising it somehow last night, but never would have though about cutting board. I don't suppose you have a picture of one done that way do you? It will need raised about 1". Thanks!

5. Member
    You wouldn't know offhand how thick the MKA-23 quick release mount is for it, would you?

6. Member
    I have used the QR mount on other applications. It is apx 1" thick.
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

7. Member
    That would probably work. I'll check later, thank you!