Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Physically: Illinois Mentally: Anywhere but Illinois

PRAYERS NEEDED FOR MY MOM

Hey BBC family...I need prayers and LOTS of them. It's amazing that I can come to a fishing site and know that my Mom will be flooded with prayers. That's a great testimony to the type of members we have here on the site and to the founders, moderators, and members...thank you for that!!!

To begin with, my Mother is a believer, so God is good!!! My Mom has been getting sick on and off for a couple years and she just can never shake off the sickness completely. It seems as soon as one cold goes away another issue or sickness would arise. So, finally she went to Rush hospital in Chicago and was seen by an Oncologist who did some tests. Well, the tests came back showing that she has two nodules on her lungs and all of her lymph nodes are really swollen. She is set to have thoracic surgery soon to remove to nodules, but tomorrow she has a PET scan to see just how bad her lymph nodes are. She has been assigned an oncology team and the writing is on the wall that she most likely has, Lymphoma, which is cancer of the lymph nodes. As I write this I am in tears, not because I don't know if God is in control, because he is, but because it's my Mom. I am VERY close to my parents..so much so, that my Father was my best man in my wedding and my Mom is the one who always brought me fishing as a kid. My sister and I are beyond blessed with who we have as parents and I'm petrified to say the least. Tomorrow she goes for a battery of testing, as well as Tuesday, and Thursday she meets with her oncology team at Rush for them to go over the results and prepare a course of action. I'm writing this not for empathy, sympathy, or anything else other than prayer. THERE'S POWER IN PRAYER AND I KNOW WITH GOD ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE!!! I'm scared though. It's my Mom and I love her with all my heart. I'm trying to be positive and keep my head up, even though nothing has been diagnosed yet, but the writing is on the wall and it's only a matter of time, Thursday, until everything is diagnosed. I know that I've come to this forum hundreds of times to pray and ask for prayers and this is one of those times where I need prayers the most. Thanks ahead of time BBC. Although I've never met anyone from this site before, I feel like in some weird sense of the matter, we are all friends. I'll try to keep updating as I receive more info. Thanks again and God Bless-

2. Member
    Bass Whisperer I have had some health problems of my own and never really felt the Doctors really knew what they were doing so I decided to do my own research . About 15 years ago I found out about a treatment called Ultaviolet Blood Irradiation and what it is they hook you up to a machine and run your blood through it and it zaps your blood with Ultra Violet Light and it can kill cancer cells and some people say it can kill HIV cells also. I thought at the time it sounded hocus pocus but later at my job I worked for Pepsi Cola they started bottling Aqua Fina and Ultra Violet light is how they kill bacteria in the water. Now it did not sound so hocus pocus. About a year later I decided to go to college to be a Nurse and while working as a tech in a pre surgery unit I found a patient that had Ultra Violet Blood Irradiation at some Cancer Clinc not sure where but he said it helped him get over his cancer. Not too many people know about this I don't think but I hope this helps. I will be praying for your mom.......from the fishing RN

3. Member

4. Member
    Prayers sent for your mother.

5. Member
    I am praying for your Mom.

6. Member
    Lymphoma cancers have a pretty good success rate. My wife had Hodgkin's Lymphoma, the other is classified as non Hodgkin's. While non Hodgkin's doesn't have a great success rate at curing it, it can be controlled to live many years. Prayers for your mother and you and your family.
    All sheep are eventually led to slaughter

Prayers lifted
    "If People Concentrated on the Really Important Things in Life, There'd be a Shortage of Fishing Poles." - Doug Larson
    "Peace is not the absence of turmoil but the presence of God" Jo-Ann Thomack

8. Member
    Thank you all so much from the bottom of my heart. I haven't heard anything yet from her because she's in and out of tests all day today, but I will definitely relay all the prayers and good thoughts. Thank you BBC family!!!

9. Member
    Prayers said for your mom and you.

10. Member
    Well I just got off the phone with Mom and she said the tests went smooth. She has a meeting with her Oncology team, this Thursday, to go over everything they found today. With God...ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE!!! I know that God is fully able and capable of healing my Mom!!! There's power in prayer and my Mom GREATLY appreciates ALL of them she's getting from here!!! Thanks again and God bless!

11. Member
    for you Mom. I wish my Mom was still here with me.
    Hi Mike.

12. Member
    Prayers for your mom and her team of doctors and especially you, your sister and father. The Great Physician already has you covered!

13. Member
    Have faith and know that our Lord hears all prayers sent.(Sent mine)!

14. Member
    Well, today is the day. My Mom is already on the way to Rush for more testing and then at 3:20 she has the meeting with her oncology team to discuss all the results and what they've found with all the tests. Needless to say, my stomach is in knots and I didn't sleep very well. God is in control, but I'm still a wreck. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for everything guys. I told my Mom about all the messages and prayers and she was so grateful. I'll be on my knees as much as possible today, praying for great news this afternoon. Have a great Thursday everyone!

15. Member
    Prayers sent.

16. Member
    Needless to say, it's been a long day. I'll cut to the chase and let everyone know that it was confirmed just a few hours ago that my Mom has lymphoma. We don't know what type, Hodgkins or Non-Hodgkins, or what stage. She was told that she needed to meet with some Lymphoma doctor who is the best in the field, but there is a 6-8 week wait time. Well, while my Mom was getting more blood drawn today, a nurse popped her head in and said there was a cancellation with that doctor for 9:30am tomorrow!!! What a blessing!!! God is already at work!!! My prayers were obviously that she would not have cancer, but unfortunately she does and we need to move forward with it. God is good though and this is a great application for one of my all time favorite verses:

"I can do ALL things through Christ who gives me strength." Philippians 4:13

On behalf of my Mom, Dad, Sister, my wife and myself, we sincerely appreciate all the kind words and prayers thus far. We ask that you please keep both my parents in your prayers because as hard as it is for my Mom to know this, I would say it has to be as equally hard on my Dad as well. Thanks again BBC for all the support! God bless!

Joey

The good Lord has a plan. I pray that he'll reach down and touch your mom and heal her of all things. Be strong my friend, for I too will pray for her! The BBC family is an awesome bunch of people that I am very proud to be a part of!

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

18. Member

19. Member
    Well, I tell ya...the devil sure does try to kick you when yer down. My Mom was back down at Rush today and got a more results. The nodules they found on her lungs, that they originally thought to be Lymphoma, is actually lung cancer and they want to get in and do thoracic surgery to get it out within the next 10 days they said. She's also scheduled now to have a bone marrow biopsy next Wednesday to get more of a definitive answer as to how advanced her Lymphoma is and figure out a plan. I tell ya though, God is good and with him on our side...there's nothing we can't handle and defeat!

She's got a lot to go through and a fight ahead. The good Lord will take care of all things. Always keep faith and I will be praying for her!

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast