Thread: MG X5

MG X5

Anyone had issues with the X5 trolling motor? Was out today with my new one and the roller on the cable at the heel of the foot pedal broke. Do you know if the have any stainless you can upgrade from the plastic pieces? 3rd time of use hope this is not sign of how this is going to work out... oh well to the shop tomorrow I guess.

I have not yet. But I was not happy to see those plastic wheels. Thought they learned there lesson with the tour editions. Just make sure your cables are not loose.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

3. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Had mine for a year, still doing good so far
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

4. Member
    Removed a well worn MK Fortrex and installed the Xi5. Needless to say I Horrible experiences with the Xi5 (fell apart and had a horrible transducer noise and of course according to MG I was the only one experiencing the transducer noise... absolutely no transducer noise with the MK...go figure.. The customer service is by far the worst I've ever had with anything I've ever owned. I no longer own it, i sent it back and they finally refunded me fully. Just purchased the new Ultrex and I'm 100% satisfied with it. It is a beast !!!

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrokid View Post
    Removed a well worn MK Fortrex and installed the Xi5. Needless to say I Horrible experiences with the Xi5 (fell apart and had a horrible transducer noise and of course according to MG I was the only one experiencing the transducer noise... absolutely no transducer noise with the MK...go figure.. The customer service is by far the worst I've ever had with anything I've ever owned. I no longer own it, i sent it back and they finally refunded me fully. Just purchased the new Ultrex and I'm 100% satisfied with it. It is a beast !!!
    He asked about an X5, completely different than your Xi5.

6. Member
    Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC
    Quote Originally Posted by BMCD View Post
    I have not yet. But I was not happy to see those plastic wheels. Thought they learned there lesson with the tour editions. Just make sure your cables are not loose.
    The MG Tour did not have plastic rollers for the steering cables. At least mine didn't.
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AllyFishing View Post
    The MG Tour did not have plastic rollers for the steering cables. At least mine didn't.
    Earlier Tours had the plastic pulleys. Newer ones didn't. If one is installing new steering cables do not have the metal pulleys, I suggest they up grade.
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

8. Member
    Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC
    Hmmm...how early did gthey have plastic rollers? Mine from 2008 till 2013 didnt
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AllyFishing View Post
    Hmmm...how early did gthey have plastic rollers? Mine from 2008 till 2013 didnt
    Your 08 was along about the time of the change over. It would depend on which footpedal was used on the motor.
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

10. Member
    John, tell me if I'm wrong, the steel rollers won't work on some of the older Tour foot pedals.