Trailering on electric only lakes.

I have to drive far to get to a lake to use gas motor. Have a '13 Tracker Pro Team TXW. So I'd like to go to a few different lakes close to me and was wondering how to trailer without using the gas motor. I don't think I could use the electric to get very far up the trailer. Was thinking about backing the trailer deeper or just winching it. Looking for the best way to do, any ideas?

Perhaps a combination of the two? You could back the trailer deeper and then, winch the rest of the way. Just back it in deep enough that the boat will sit straight on the trailer bunks and winch away.

3. Member
    Winch it. That's what I do with my RT188. Guide it in towards the trailer with the TM barely in the water while holding the TM cord. You can also you a broomstick handle in the pivot joint for leverage. At the last second lift up TM and glide onto the trailer. Then winch the rest of the way.

If you fish a few electric only lakes like I do, think about about getting a transom mount TM also. That's what I plan on doing since that what I had on my old boat.

4. Member
    Just takes some practice. I used to fish an electric only with a 20' BassCat Cougar. After 2-3 trips Inknew exactly how far to put the trailer in, and when to pick up the TM. Get a running start and you will have problems.

5. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Winch it. Start about where you'd power load so the the bunks guide the boat to the center. Winch until it doesn't want to go and then ease the trailer in a little deeper and winch it further. Repeat if needed.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CatFan View Post
    Winch it. Start about where you'd power load so the the bunks guide the boat to the center. Winch until it doesn't want to go and then ease the trailer in a little deeper and winch it further. Repeat if needed.
    Perfect explanation. Just be super cautious with the trolling motor, hitting the TM on your trailer can do some serious damage to the TM shaft and prop.

When We have fished no gas motor lakes , I just walk it on the trailer and winch. Then again, being in Florida makes it an easier decision to get in the water.
    XPRESS H 18 SS, YAMAHA 115

8. Member
    Thanks for the ideas. Just have to practice. I don't want to hold up the ramps. It always seems that when I want to load and go in I don't see anyone else coming in. I get there and there are a half dozen guys coming in behind me.

Bob your last post#8 ..don't forget your probably on a electric lake only, and the others be doing same as you ? right?

10. Member
    Yes that's right. Most of the electric lakes are mainly put and take trout lakes. Most of the boats used on them are not bass boats. I used to fish them with a 14ft. deep vee and loading was fast winching them.

Quote Originally Posted by RonCat View Post
    Just takes some practice. I used to fish an electric only with a 20' BassCat Cougar. After 2-3 trips Inknew exactly how far to put the trailer in, and when to pick up the TM. Get a running start and you will have problems.
    in addition I found the sweet spot to jump, this would get my boat to float a tish higher then as I land the boat is secure on the bunks. On nice days t it up with speed, pull motor and walk to the transom.