Brakes not wanting to release

Man I'm getting tired of trailor breaks. I have had them done twice by a guy who really knows his stuff, but today after towing a short distance I stopped and one smelled hot and was locked up part way what could be causing this. Thanks I'm getting him to look at them but I'm Bout ready to just disconnect.

2. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Rusty caliper, a kink in a line or some kind of debris in the line. If it's a fluid restriction, cracking the bleeder should release the brake.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

If you have surge brakes it may be in the tongue of the trailer. my surge circuit stuck once, and a flip with a screwdriver fixed it. Yours sounds more serious, but that piston, and reservoir could be a problem??

You do push the lever under the tongue before every trip and also make sure that the tongue is extended before you disconnect the trailer from the truck, right?
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CatFan View Post
    Rusty caliper, a kink in a line or some kind of debris in the line. If it's a fluid restriction, cracking the bleeder should release the brake.
    Open the line and if that releases the brake, it's a hydraulic problem. We presume you have disc brakes. Same should work on drum brakes. If it's a mechanical problem, you have a different series of fixes.