Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Mercury engine data displayed to graphs?

I'm going to be purchasing new graphs soon and was wondering about displaying engine data on my screen. I wasn't really interested in networking until I thought about engine data. My original plan was to just buy 2 seven or nine inch graphs and a Merc Monitor. Since the Merc monitor is over 500 bucks is there a way to buy graphs with networking and have the data displayed without the expense of a Merc monitor? I guess in short, I'm wondering if here is a workaround to avoid the expense of a Merc monitor?

2. Member
    No way to get around the expense components......Mercmonitor, or Vessel View Link.

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage View Post
    No way to get around the expense components......Mercmonitor, or Vessel View Link.
    +1

Both of those choices have their own merits. I personally like the Vessel View Link Kit (where you're using a Lowrance HDS G2 or G3).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    I had a fairly large cut out from an electronic compass that I wanted to replace, so filled it with a VV4 and linked to Lowrance HDS. Works great.

That's what I was afraid of

6. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Invest into the MM.....you will always have that and look at it being displayed on the units as a bonus...
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS