Adding extra fuel tanks

What are some ways I can add an extra fuel to my boat. On the plumbing side. I would love to just have the motor suck both tanks dry. I know it's been done before. Would love to start the job with a little know how. Thank

Do some googling, boat fuel tanks, you'd be surprised at shapes and volume. Most are preplumbrd and ready to go $200-$400 depending on size and material
    1996 ProGator 200V
    1998 Mercury 225 EFI
    New Carpet
    Seastar Pro Hyd Steering
    Minn Kota Ultrex

3. Member
    Looking to find info on connection. can I just hook it up to the fuel water separator I know it gets confusing when pulling from 2 tanks worried about them not sucking all the fuel out.

4. Member
    If you draw from both tanks at the same time,they will have to be the same size. If not,one will empty first and you'll draw air. You can connect them with a three way valve. I had one made out of stainless for a 1985 Skeeter to fit under the bench seat. I used a 2" screw on cap to fill,tied the vent to the existing vent pipe and installed a three way valve. It all worked fine.

5. Member
    Would two shut off valves on each line work better or worse that a three way valve. My fuel water separator has two inlets can I put a shut off valve on each inlet on the water separator. Or could somebody recommend a fuel valve that works well

6. Member
    Skeeter has the 3 way valves in all their boats. I don't have one but someone with a skeeter may be able to tell you the brand. Like Rip said, both tanks need to be the same size. You would still only have one line in to your filter with the 3 way before it. That's how skeeter does it and it works fine for pulling from both tanks

If you tournament fish, check the rules of the trails you fish. Some prohibit additional tanks not installed by the factory.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

I had a stainless 19 gal tank installed under the seats in a 1986 stratos with a 3 way valve. It was full width and only about 4" tall. Had rail brackets welded for mounting the seats. The brackets allowed for the seats to slide backwards and forwards. Only costed a couple hundred at the time. It was the only place an extra tank would fit. My 24gal tank filled up that little compartment in that old boat. Boats wasn't roomy or really even that user friendly back in the day.

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

9. Member
    My older 201 had the same spot under the seat also , i use it as storage box .

10. Member
    How many gallons can your tank hold now?

11. Member

12. Member
    Why

This is the type of fuel selector valve I have on my Cajun. The selector is located in the splashwell.
    BassCat sells a version now:
    http://www.basscatstore.com/fuelselectorvalve.aspx

C&O also sells it:
    http://www.teamcandomarine.com/eshop...r_Valve_RR.htm

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 44k1500fom View Post
    Would two shut off valves on each line work better or worse that a three way valve. My fuel water separator has two inlets can I put a shut off valve on each inlet on the water separator. Or could somebody recommend a fuel valve that works well
    That would work the same you'd just be working two valves to change tanks.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jigman51 View Post
    How many gallons can your tank hold now?
    I have two 24 gallons on each side of the boat in the back with a three way valve.
    the valve is on the transom on the splash well.