Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar

3 Bank Charger Fit for '99 202

I'm guessing Dual Pro does not make the same Champion Edition 3 bank charger that was in my boat?
    Do they make one compatible in size?
    What are you all using that will fit a 202...looks tight.

2. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Not a 202 but a 201 which is pretty tight too I put in a NOCO genius 3 bank in it no problem.

3. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    Not a 202 but a 201 which is pretty tight too I put in a NOCO genius 3 bank in it no problem.
    Is it a particular Noco genius 3 bank?.. I see a GENM 3, 12 amp 3 bank... It's like $150

Quote Originally Posted by Fidgetcranker View Post
    Is it a particular Noco genius 3 bank?.. I see a GENM 3, 12 amp 3 bank... It's like $150
    Yes. 12v 10 amp 3 bank
    1998 202 DC / Mercury 300R

5. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    Thanks guys, I just want to be sure I'm ordering right... See, there is a Noco Genius MINI... That is the GENM 3, 12 amp I listed above.
    Is this 4 amps charge per battery?

I looked again and...There is a GEN 3, 30 AMP...I'm thinking that is the one that is 10 amps charge per battery.
    This 3 Bank 30 amp will fit?

Also, what size batteries are you using. I have a motorguide x5 80 and a gen2 7" & 9"

30 amp...look around for noco sale codes on line you usually can buy direct from them cheaper than anywhere else with the right code.

2 31's for my troller and a 27 for electronics. I use diehards cause I get them cheap thru my business but with the latest with Sears going under I would probably just set up a Deka account to buy batteries from now on.

7. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    I just checked its a Gen 3 30 amp three bank 10/10/10

8. Banned
    I'm not trying to talk you out of or into any brand, but the new dual pros should fit fine. I had one in my skeeter and when it died I replaced it with the professional model, really close to the same size and the professional is a lot more powerful than my original was.

9. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    I'm not trying to talk you out of or into any brand, but the new dual pros should fit fine. I had one in my skeeter and when it died I replaced it with the professional model, really close to the same size and the professional is a lot more powerful than my original was.
    Do you have the exact model number, so I can look it up? Just wanting to make the best decision. Thx.

10. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    Thanks to all of you for your help.
    All of the above seem to have much larger dimensions than the Champion Dual Pro that was in it.
    The Noco Gen3 30 amp is 11.5 x 8.5...and Dual Pro PS3 45 amp is 13 x 8.25. I didn't think I could go with one that big.
    It's 19 degrees here and I don't want to go out look again to see if the fit will work.
    My cover may crack if I move it..lol
    Once again, just being OCD and want to get it right 1st time.

Either a Dual Pro or a Noco should serve you well. Have had both and they both work well.

Where is the current one mounted in your 202?

12. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    It was mounted in center, closest to the front side against panel with 12/24 buttons

13. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    I've seen some of the guys build a shelf above the batteries to mount a charger on. My 201 had a 2-bank Dual Pro with Champion label. I called them when it died on one bank and was advised it was the Pro series, however the one they sent would not fit the same footprint, so I had to trim a little off each end. I also think the feet may have gone under the battery trays.

Attached Images Attached Images

14. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Fidgetcranker View Post
    Do you have the exact model number, so I can look it up? Just wanting to make the best decision. Thx.

I have the ps2, it is actually less length than the original dual pro. But they changed the mount system from the original and is a bit
    wider now because of the screw flange.

15. Member
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=506969
    Here is a link to another thread. Scroll to the bottom of the thread. I had a friend fabricate this tray for my 98 202. Fits perfect. I have my charger in there along with a few other items.
    '98 ChampioN 202, 200 Mercury EFI

16. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    Thanks a ton everybody! You've been very helpful in suggestions and new ideas.
    Never considered getting creative about mounting a charger, just wanted to stick one in there.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by harvafritz View Post
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=506969
    Here is a link to another thread. Scroll to the bottom of the thread. I had a friend fabricate this tray for my 98 202. Fits perfect. I have my charger in there along with a few other items.
    I would be scared that it would rub a hole in the gas tank.I would put something under neat the pan?

18. Member
    I have a 98 203 what i did was build a bracket to straddle the step down in the tank with trim lock on the edges so it dont rub the tank. Screw to the vertical wall at live well panel .

Found code for the NOCO Gen3 30amp (3 bank @ 10 amp each) makes the price $224.25 +tax if applicable and shipping was only $2.95. My total was $245.20 shipped.
    MAKING DONATIONS TO GREAT FISHERMAN EVERY WEEKEND
    2005 CHAMPION 188 ELITE

20. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    Thanks, but went with a dual pro. It's over 2" shorter length at 11.25" vs 13.66".
    You got a good price, though!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast