Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Black Hills Energy Collin C.'s Avatar
    You will have to cut the lip off the aluminum tray to make it set lower. Doing this will allow the oil tank to set on top of the batteries. The charger has been like that for 5 years with no issues.

Noco 4 bank.

Not the best pic but the only one I had. recessed screws hid in carpet well.
    Last edited by Collin C.; 01-18-2017 at 12:53 PM.
    Bass Cat
    Eyra 300xs

2. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    Where is charger mounted? ^^^a little hard to figure out. I like the 4 battery set up tho. Thanks!

In back battery compartment...
    Am I supposed to have a carpeted piece of wood on the bottom like posted back in post #13?...cuz I don't.

I only have a long aluminum tray for batteries/charger, that is not secured, Then another tray for oil & 1 battery
    Also, the carpeted piece of wood that is the 12/24 back panel, isn't very thick...like 3/16" maybe?
    It would never hold anything like a charger mounted on it... Are your boat's like that?

I may need to make & carpet both of those sections using 1/2" or 3/4" treated plywood instead of trays. Will add like 15lbs tho, huh.
    Last edited by Fidgetcranker; 01-18-2017 at 01:13 PM.

3. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    If you have Hydro-Air in addition to the Aerator, your Hydro pump will be right behind That carpeted panel. You will need to make sure you can easily access that area.

4. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lea View Post
    If you have Hydro-Air in addition to the Aerator, your Hydro pump will be right behind That carpeted panel. You will need to make sure you can easily access that area.
    Oh, it's easy to access, though I never heard about the hydro-air thing. Is there any way to know if I have that without looking?

5. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    You should have a separate rocker switch labeled Hydro-Air. If your boat is an Elite, you likely have it. If not an Elite, it was an option. Some boats, to further confuse, have the switch at the ready, but not hooked up to pump. Best way to check...if you have the switch...is to turn it on the manual setting...you should hear pump running. If water is in wells, it will bubble air into the water.

OK, Just looked in brochure. It would have been an option on your Tournament Series boat.
    Last edited by Lea; 01-18-2017 at 02:41 PM.

6. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    Thanks Lea, I will check when I get it back from shop

7. Black Hills Energy Collin C.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fidgetcranker View Post
    Where is charger mounted? ^^^a little hard to figure out. I like the 4 battery set up tho. Thanks!

In back battery compartment...
    Am I supposed to have a carpeted piece of wood on the bottom like posted back in post #13?...cuz I don't.

I only have a long aluminum tray for batteries/charger, that is not secured, Then another tray for oil & 1 battery
    Also, the carpeted piece of wood that is the 12/24 back panel, isn't very thick...like 3/16" maybe?
    It would never hold anything like a charger mounted on it... Are your boat's like that?

I may need to make & carpet both of those sections using 1/2" or 3/4" treated plywood instead of trays. Will add like 15lbs tho, huh.

Charger is mounted to the top of the lid. I have the same 2 aluminum pieces as well, cut that lip off them and screw them in just make sure to seal holes well.
    I didn't have a carpeted piece of wood on top, may have been a elite boat thing.
    Bass Cat
    Eyra 300xs

8. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    Thanks!

9. Banned
    Lea, this hydro air thing... can you educate me about it, because honestly, I have no clue what it is. I assumed it was a recirculate, but it sounds like it's something different. Is it like a fish tank bubble stone type of thing?

10. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    Probably older version of something like this.
    http://keepfishalive.com/

11. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    Just found this very helpful info.
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=56272

12. Banned
    Thanks Fidge.

13. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    Hydro simply bubbles air into the water in the well. The Aerator brings in fresh water from lake and lets it flow out via the over-flow. If you do have Hydro-Air, do not run Hydro and Aerator at the same time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12