Gorilla Hull ? For a 20 XD

I am bringing my 20xd to Toledo Fiberglass Tuesday and getting a Gorilla Hull put on it, starting to get nervous about my decision, how much do you guys think the Gorilla Hull will slow my boat down? I already have 2 power poles and a heavy fishing load, running 80 loaded right now!

2. Member
    4-5mph from what it's done to my buddies Rangers and tritons that have had it doen

Im gonna say 5+ if everything is exactly the same. Be sure to let us know

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

4. Member
    It did not affect my Triton that much. Had 2005 TR20x and I would say 2 maybe 3 mph at most. Takes some of the flex out and imo made a much more enjoyable ride.

5. Member
    If you have poles and a heavy fishing load, chances are you like to fish more than race. Put the gorilla hull and don't look back.

What's this stuff look like on the hull? Never seen it...?
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

7. Member
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ok....dumb question, why couldn't you coat the bottom minus the pad to help with speed or does that just defeat the purpose.?
    www.ncboatguy.com

9. Member
    I got a 1994 21 xd with a gorilla I fished out of it for about a year the only motor I had on it was a 225 promax I took it of my 2002 21 xd and put it the 94 I sold it to a guy in 2011 to a guy in Canada I bought it back about a month ago it run 74 to 75 the 02 ran the same I believe with a bigger motor it would be slower not sure the weight was about the same

10. Member
    Most of these people that say you lose performance are people that do not have a Gorilla Hull, ive talked to several people now that have a Gorilla Hull on a Bullet and they have actually seen gains, the Gorilla Hull is indestructible and has a lifetime transferable warranty, i currently have pad damage so thats why i am getting one , i will keep yall posted, mine is going to the shop tom for the install!

Keep us posted for sure.

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

12. Member
    When I had mine done, the owner of Toledo Fiberglass said he's had a few STVs brought in just to gorilla hull the pad. They were seeing the same effect as sanding.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bada$$Bullet View Post
    When I had mine done, the owner of Toledo Fiberglass said he's had a few STVs brought in just to gorilla hull the pad. They were seeing the same effect as sanding.
    I've heard of people making the center pod taller I wonder if that's what they where trying to acomplish?

14. Member
    My 21XDC got bottom damage a few years ago. I took it to Toledo Fiberglass and got him to do the Gorilla Hull. He took care of the whole process, including dealing with State Farm. Make sure you take it for a test ride when you go to pick it up. He ended up having to work on it a little more to get it to stop porpoising at low speed. It's great now. I can park it ON the ramp if I want to. Lifetime warranty! I did not have a noticeable loss in speed.
    Rusty
    MSG (R)
    Louisiana National Guard
    Desert Storm, OIF Veteran
    08 21XDC/300XS

Any performance gains or loses?
    www.ncboatguy.com

16. Banned
    the guys at teledo just fixed a couple bobo's for me, speed increase on gator hull...im not buying it..i run my hand over the bottom of one. from what I felt it goes against all logic for speed.
    they do really nice work.. anyone needing their boat worked on , they are great people to work with.

17. Member
    I had the Gorilla hull put on my 2013 Z9 Nitro three years ago and the owner asked me what the top speed was before the install. I told him 73 to 73.5 depending on the conditions. He told me if that's what it was he could make it do the same. The install added an extra 40 pounds to the total weight of the boat. Now he had to play with the finish and the motor height but in the end he made it run 73.5 to 73.7. The finish is dimpled kinda like a golf ball and it super tough stuff. The owner from what I understand used to race boats so he know what it takes to make it run to the factory specifications. Very satisfied with the install and the service.

If you got money to buy lower units then rocks, rebar, concrete, stumps is no longer a problem. He also told me that when I get ready to sell it bring it in and he would polish the hull up and make it look new again. Free of charge !!!

Z9 with 250 Pro Xs 25 pitch fury atlas hydraulic jack plate.

18. Member
    Stumps.....That's where I fish 90% of the time!!!
    I'm often on top of one and if the boat bottom was not slick, I would have to be towed off of it by another boat!
    Sometimes the smaller stick ups even hang in the Kevlar hard enough to where I can't even back off of'em and have to gun it in forward to climb over it.
    I can't imagine this happening with any type of coating on a hull????
    Educate me on how this, or any type of coating would be an asset to sliding off of a stump!
    20XDC Bullet/Modified Merc 260
    295TF Charger/Merc 225X-Sold
    20' Contender Pickle Fork/Merc EFI Bridgeport-Sold
    18' Stratus with Sommerford Tunnel Vee Hull/2.4 EFI Merc High Perf-Sold
    Freedom 240DLX Toon/Merc 115
    10' Cougar Cub/Merc 25 on the Bottle
    18" Homebuilt Tunnel/.021 OS Max Outboard on 50% Nitro with a Pipe

19. Member
    It's not about the ability to slide off of a stump, it's the peace of mind when you hit a stump that no damage will be done.......but gorilla hull will slide off just as easily as gelcoat. I bounced off of quite a few this past weekend on Toledo Bend.

How would it compare to K-5 Boat Coating from Specialty Products Inc? That stuff is bullet proof it seems!