Getting fitted Monday

As the title states getting a full bag fitting Monday as my clubs are almost 30 years old. I have Taylor Made bubbles and Ping Eye irons. Anything I get will be adding distance and hopefully more accuracy off the tee especially. Not going into it with any specific brand in mine although I think I know what I want.

Enjoy your fitting. It had a tremendous impact on my golf game. I, like you, took a brand agnostic approach to my fitting....have fun and embrace the process.
    What we cannot obtain from intelligence, we can learn from experience.

3. Member
    These days it is very scientifically based. They will measured your swing speed, ball speed, launch angles, etc. Based on this, be open to different clubs, shafts, adjusting angles, even grips. Good luck, enjoy the process. You will be tired at the end of it, compacting a rounds worth of swings in an hour or so.

4. Member
    Well I went and got fitted yesterday but I was more than upset with myself. I hit my 30 year old Ping 6 iron usually about 170 yards when playing, actually don’t even hit it that much in a round. So I get to fitting (nervous) not sure why and I am hitting it 150 average and spraying right and hooking left so no real great shots. I am consistent with my 8 iron from 150 when playing. I continue to do this with about 5 different irons and multiple shafts. I left halfway through my bag fitting never getting to my woods I was so pissed at myself. Think the mat played into my head? It shouldn’t usually mats help your mishits more than the ground would. Got home and my right hip was hurting and never does. I’m thinking I wasn’t even using my regular swing since I haven’t played much in last few years. Was swinging in my kitchen last night without a club and actually realized I was using my awful swing from 20 years ago the whole time. What am I supposed to do? I’m supposed to go back later this week to continue with woods but I’m not even satisfied with the iron selection I got. Should I say I need a do over and pay again or just finish the session? I’m so pissed at myself and don’t really know why about any of it.

5. Member
    I hate hitting off mats, the last two fittings i had were outdoors for part of the fitting.

6. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    If you can't get fitted on grass with the ball you play or at least a premium ball, your results will be a crapshoot. I believe fittings for the average player is a waste of money as most aren't consistent enough to produce the same delivery each time. On top of that, fitters can manipulate the outcome during the fitting that most will never see on the golf course.

7. Member
    Improving your distance and accuracy off the tee sounds like a smart move. It's cool that you're keeping your options open with brands, but having some preferences in mind can definitely help. Can't wait to hear how the fitting turns out and what gear you end up going with.

8. Member
    I also got back into golf recently after hardly playing for several years. It has been easier for me to make some swing improvements this time but I notice myself reverting back to old habits way too easily. My advice: spend some time getting into form and then have a fitting. This should lead to better fitting results

9. Member
    The Ping Eye was the club that really made me want to get a set of Ping's, old boss of mine had a set and he let me swing a few times. Love my G410's but it might be time to hand them down and get a set of G430 irons.

I spent a few months after the season ended working on my swing before my fitting. I worked hard at it 3-4 days a week 2 hours at a clip. When I called to schedule my fitting the first thing he asked me was “have you been hitting your clubs lately” he said a lot of guys want to get fit and hadn’t hit a club in months and don’t perform at their normal level for the fitting

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by champ223 View Post
    I spent a few months after the season ended working on my swing before my fitting. I worked hard at it 3-4 days a week 2 hours at a clip. When I called to schedule my fitting the first thing he asked me was “have you been hitting your clubs lately” he said a lot of guys want to get fit and hadn’t hit a club in months and don’t perform at their normal level for the fitting
    this is accurate. Take your current clubs and practice/play for a couple months then go. Keep in mind that there are also other selections out there that may be better suited for your pocket. Example would be I got a driver fitting at club champion and fitted into Titliest TSR3 and Ping G425 LST at the time. Shaft was a graphite design and I did hit it great, however when I was told that the price was gonna be 1200 for just the driver I paid for the fitting and left. I couldn’t bring myself to pay the price. I shopped around and got the G425 LST on sale then did a shaft fitting with a local guy who had house of forged shafts. Loved the way it felt and numbers were spot on. Paid 350 for fitting and shaft and paid almost 1/2 what club champion wanted all together. When it came time for irons, went to same local guy and fitted into Mizuno JPX921 tours with X100 shafts. After a few months I couldn’t play enough to keep the consistency needed for them so sold them and refitted into Maltby TS1 IM which still gives the muscle back look and feel but forgiveness as well since it’s a slight hollow body design. Shaft I went with this time is UST mamiya Dart V 120 stiff. Went graphite as it’s much easier on the wrist I broke but still feels like I’m swinging a steel shaft. Been playing them now for about 8 months and dropped my handicap back down to a 6. Also need to take into consideration on how well you hit longer irons. Normally not an issue for me but could not hit the Mizuno 4 iron for nothing. All the way to 5 iron was great but 4 iron couldn’t get to carry past 180 and the 5 iron was 190. That is one point that you don’t get to test till the set is in and definitely needs to be considered