Thread: Jackplate mount

Talon Jackplate mount

I'm sure this has been asked before but I just sold my boat which used the sandwich style mount and I kept my Talon. I ordered a new boat that is coming with a manual jackplate, I believe it will be a slide master. My question is can I just buy the piece that bolts to the Jackplate or do I need to buy a whole new mounting bracket. I personally feel that minn kota should offer just the piece you need to change being that it is the only difference rather than being forced to spend an additional $300 on a new bracket.
    Last edited by cwalsh; 01-08-2017 at 04:30 AM.
    2017 Ranger 518 w/ Evinrude 150HO G2

2. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by cwalsh View Post
    I'm sure this has been asked before but my last boat took the sandwich mount and just ordered a new boat with a jackplate and my question is can you buy just the piece that bolts to the jackplate or do I need to buy a whole new mount?
    Not sure I follow your question. Best way to go about this is to list:

What is the year make and model of the new boat?

What size and brand jack plate?

Power Pole or Talon?

What size Power Pole or Talon?

3. Member
    So I ordered a 2017 ranger z518 with a manual jackplate but I will have to call the dealer to find out what kind. I have a Talon with a sandwich mount bracket and would like to know if you can order or buy just the piece that bolts to the plate. I have the other two pieces from my sandwich bracket.

4. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by cwalsh View Post
    So I ordered a 2017 ranger z518 with a manual jackplate but I will have to call the dealer to find out what kind. I have a Talon with a sandwich mount bracket and would like to know if you can order or buy just the piece that bolts to the plate. I have the other two pieces from my sandwich bracket.
    I gotcha... So your looking for just the "L" looking portion?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrilla Gear View Post
    I gotcha... So your looking for just the "L" looking portion?
    Yes, it is referred to the "elbow" in the instructions. It is the only piece that is different between a sandwich bracket and a jack plate bracket.

6. Banned
    I had inquired about the same thing. Have to purchase the full bracket.