Question What is the difference between the two 93SV Models

I just purchased two Garmin 93SV units. Each have the GT52 transducer (I believe). I am going to install one on the transom and the other on my trolling motor. The two models are: Garmin 010-01804-01 and Garmin 010-01579-01. They are both are ClearVU, SideVU, and echoMap Chirp, GPS with inland lakes, etc. The 010-01579-01 units transducer is black and the other is grey in color (if that helps). I am trying to identify any difference between the two to determine which I should install at the bow, and which at the helm.
    Thanks in advance for your help!
    KevinH

2. Member
    If the transducers are the same size, they are probably the same transducer. One is just the newly re-named CV52 instead of the older one named GT52. The performance should be close enough to identical. You might want to call customer support - if Todd doesnt chime in - just to verify that.

If the head units are both CHIRP, then there is no difference in them.

I would recommend you up-date the software in both at some point - but wait until we give the all clear. The newest up-date seems to have a bug and they are still working on that.
    Smokercraft Phantom 202 Yamaha F115/Merc 9.9
    Garmin 7610xsv/GT51M-TM/Panoptix PS21/LiveScope
    Why am I hanging out here when I could be fishing.....

3. Member
    Appreciate the info - Larry! Sorry to hear that there are some bugs in the latest download from Garmin. We got some snow last night here in SC. Being SC, we are shut-down so .... I was going to update my units before I installed them. Oh well - I can wait. Does anyone have an ETA on the fix from Garmin? How will I know when the latest update is ready?

I am replacing two Hummingbird 788's with these Garmin units. One is an in-dash unit, and the other has the pedestal mount with the trolling motor puck, if anyone is interested - I will be selling them. I'll post them once removed. They came in my new boat. They are only a couple months old.

4. Member
    If you have a My Garmin account and register your mfd's, you should get email notices. You can also go to your My Garmin page and check for up-dates or go directly to the up-date page and see if anything new is available.

https://www8.garmin.com/support/software/marine.html

Be sure to select the correct version - in your case, the echomap series with sd card.
    Smokercraft Phantom 202 Yamaha F115/Merc 9.9
    Garmin 7610xsv/GT51M-TM/Panoptix PS21/LiveScope
    Why am I hanging out here when I could be fishing.....

5. Member

Thanks again - Larry!

Quote Originally Posted by Larry3215 View Post
    If you have a My Garmin account and register your mfd's, you should get email notices. You can also go to your My Garmin page and check for up-dates or go directly to the up-date page and see if anything new is available.

https://www8.garmin.com/support/software/marine.html

Be sure to select the correct version - in your case, the echomap series with sd card.
    I did check the software versions on my units. The one with the ClearVU transducer is on software version 3.8. The unit with the DownVU transducer in on version 3.4. I got all the necessary information today collected to register them. I will do so so that I can get the email notifications what the units' software updates are available.
    Larry - you have been extremely helpful, and I appreciate it!
    Kevin