Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    If I knew exactly how to make them like Uncle Josh does/did ( the entire process) and if it wasn't too much hassle, I think I'd try to make them myself. I have 6 or 7 butcher shops locally that I could have all the hide I wanted. May just check into that.

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

Even with the entire process, I think it still requires a trial and error period to get it the way we would want it.
    "SEE YOU AT THE TOP"

Oh I guarantee it. I'd say it'd take a few batches to get it even near where you'd want it. I'm really thinking about trying it though.

Same here. Never thought about it before. But, I do have the access to raw materials needed, and soon, will have the time.
    "SEE YOU AT THE TOP"

Sounds good. If you try it, let me know your progress. I'll do the same.

You Bet
    "SEE YOU AT THE TOP"

I wonder if wild Pig hide would work any better? Seems like there's an abundance of those things that need to be gotten rid of in many states. I seem to recall somebody was selling a hawg hide type pork rind like Uncle Josh that still had the hair in it.

JMO But, I think if one could use the hide. It would have been a hit at some point in the past.
    "SEE YOU AT THE TOP"

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cart7 View Post
    I wonder if wild Pig hide would work any better? Seems like there's an abundance of those things that need to be gotten rid of in many states. I seem to recall somebody was selling a hawg hide type pork rind like Uncle Josh that still had the hair in it.
    Strike King Bo Hawg... Dan

10. Member
    I heard it wasn't kosher to use porkbaits

Quote Originally Posted by Dan210Elite View Post
    Strike King Bo Hawg... Dan
    That's the one.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat21 View Post
    Some people were offended buy the use of pork products. Too many fall, winter and early spring tournaments were won with the use of pork products, this limited certain individuals to be able to compete on an equal and level competitive basis. The fishing community encouraged the Uncle Josh company to cease production.

We are all better because of this decision.
    I'm way late to this discussion but after scrolling down and reading this post I couldn't pass it up without adding my 2 cents. That might be the dumbest statement I've
    ever heard!! So you're saying that the fisherman who were dominating these tournaments had an unfair advantage over their competition because they used pork trailers and some of their competitors didn't?? The "pork users" success had nothing to do with their knowledge, experience, expertise in certain techniques or quite possibly they were just better fisherman?? I realize the pork trailers were and still are kinda hard to find but not impossible. Unless you had some moral objection to the use of pork trailers why didn't you acquire some and use them yourself? I mean, if what you're saying is true about the magic pork trailers ability to dominate the tournaments you're speaking of then it's like the old saying
    goes...If you can't best em join em!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman View Post
    I'm way late to this discussion but after scrolling down and reading this post I couldn't pass it up without adding my 2 cents. That might be the dumbest statement I've
    ever heard!! So you're saying that the fisherman who were dominating these tournaments had an unfair advantage over their competition because they used pork trailers and some of their competitors didn't?? The "pork users" success had nothing to do with their knowledge, experience, expertise in certain techniques or quite possibly they were just better fisherman?? I realize the pork trailers were and still are kinda hard to find but not impossible. Unless you had some moral objection to the use of pork trailers why didn't you acquire some and use them yourself? I mean, if what you're saying is true about the magic pork trailers ability to dominate the tournaments you're speaking of then it's like the old saying
    You obviously don't fish if you don't get sarcasm and a joke wrapped into one. Peta Member?
    "It's even, but it ain't settled. Let's settle it." Fast Eddie
    I still can't believe they actually won...Cubs Fans Everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman View Post
    That was just messing around......but I do have an unfair advantage....I have cases........

15. Member
    Bitter's Bait & Tackle in Longwood, FL may have a few bottles

16. Member

17. Banned
    Found some at Ollie's last year. They were a little rough, but some new brine brought them back to life... They're out there you just have to be in the right place at the right time... Dan

18. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    I have a pint of black and blue #11 for sale. It isn't cheap $90 shipped.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC
    " Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"

Bring Back Gluten!!!

19. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Roddy View Post
    I have a pint of black and blue #11 for sale. It isn't cheap $90 shipped.
    How many pork chunks???... Dan

Quote Originally Posted by basscat21 View Post
    I am not sharing........they never made 101
    Or #11 in black or brown. And don’t keep your last 9 jars in a gun safe. Not that I have 9 jars in my gun safe.
    I search regularly for remaining stock. Hard to come by in the right sizes and colors in decent shape.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast