Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    How many of you 2015 2016 RT188 guys would sell your boat right now for $21K?? Not me that's for sure.
    Ranger RT188 (2015)
    Mercury Optimax ProXS 115, 4" Setback Plate
    Minn Kota PowerDrive V2 iPilot 70lb
    Garmin 73SV @ Helm, 93SV Chirp @ Bow

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosh View Post
    How many of you 2015 2016 RT188 guys would sell your boat right now for $21K?? Not me that's for sure.
    Yeah, your probably right

3. Member
    I sure would not...

4. Member
    Hell no I wouldn't .. I'm good !

It's all good !
    2016 Ranger RT188 White
    Yamaha 115 sho
    motorguide Xi5 80 with pinpoint gps
    Lowrance elite 5 ti with total scan console
    Lowrance hook 5 bow

Quote Originally Posted by Bosh View Post
    That is ABSOLUTELY not the same as a person trying to sell one for some reason or another..... One person is happy with what they own and does not want to sell ..... The other is evidently WANTING to sell. These are not the same circumstances....

Also the owner has only had the boat a couple of months....Am I wrong in that he bought a 2016 boat when the 2017s were out on the market??????? He probably got a heck of a deal.... There will also be some warranty deducts the new owner will have to consider.
    ----------------------------
    The bitterness of poor quality is remembered
    long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten - Benjamin Franklin

2013 RANGER RT188 - YAMAHA F115 - ULTREX - LOWRANCE GRAPHS
    LOCK-N-HAUL Transom Saver, ALL ABOARD Emergency Ladder
    1996 RANGER CHEROKEE - 40 YAMAHA

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Obsessed View Post
    If you buy a new boat:
    1. 2017 Life time hull warranty to original owner, after sold, hull warranty only good for 5 years dating back to original owners taking delivery of boat.
    2. 2017 has command thrust lower gear case standard, you can use bigger option of props including the V6 props
    3. 2017 hydraulic steering factory standard
    4. 2017 recirculating live well factory standard
    5. 2017 currently you get free aluminum wheel upgrade and $100 ranger gear card
    6. 2017 Mercury has 5 years warranty current offer, Evinrude has 10 year current offer, I don't know about Yamaha, but they are great motors as well

If you buy used boat you lose the life time hull warranty, not a deal breaker for me. BUT- if you buy a new one and get the Hydraulic steering, the command thrust gear case and the newer year model, unless his is actually titled as a 2017. Resale will be better on the newer boat.

I built your boat (as I did mine) on the Ranger-Aluminum site and your right at $25,000 plus you will have about $1,500 title and tax.
    I was in the exact spot a few weeks ago you are now, I ordered mine and it will be here mid February. I ended up a couple grand more into the boat, but it is how I want it and will be a one owner when I go to sell it, with the optional features I wouldn't have got on the used boat.

I would definitely go talk with the dealer. Let them know you are about to pull the trigger on the used boat. You might be surprised what they will do once they know you are going to pull the trigger one way or the other. You need to talk with a local independent dealer, not a big box chain...they are worthless, IMO.

I just went through all this, feel free to PM me if you have any particular questions.
    Dont forget the destination/prep charge...it was over $700 on top of the website price at the dealers I talked too. I would buy that in an instant

7. Member
    I just bought one a couple of months ago. That's not a bad price. It looks like the owner just wants to get his money back.
    As the buyer, I would have the same questions about the boat and motor warranties.
    You might find the same price for a new leftover with the original warranties. Boat show season is upon us and dealers usually have discounts.

8. Banned
    Man, that's a fair price and if that was in my price range, I would jump all over that.

To me it sounds like a fair price, maybe not a great price but fair. Go to the dealer and price a new one with the same options . There are a few listed here in the for sale section new for around 27k. The main think is as long as you are content with what your paying for it. Try an offer of about $2k less and work from there.

OK guys, thanks for all the feedback. After looking at the boat, I went to the selling dealer and discussed with him the warranty issues. The seller got a 6 year warranty on the motor that is transferrable to me. Dealer will handle that as well as the Ranger warranty transfer (which cost $200 and is only for 5 years). He checked his records and the boat was sold in October by him and he advised me to buy it and if I decided not to buy it, let him know(suspect he would make the guy an offer).. Also, the dealer had the same boat (2017) with same options listed for 26,900. Before I mentioned looking at the used boat I asked him what his bottom line price was and he said 26K plus tax (which he said was 8%) so all in would be 28K. I called the seller back and struck a deal for 21K. All he wants is the payoff at the bank and we're meeting there Monday to do the deal. OBW, the dealer is only 5 miles from my house and was very professional after I mentioned was looking at a used boat. Will def give him some business re. bow graph, prop and other goodies....Thanks again and tight lines.

Congrats!!!
    2022 Xpress H17 - Yamaha SHO 90

12. Member
    Good for you

13. Member
    There you go . Everybody's happy and your getting a great boat that is practically brand new ..

It's all good !
    2016 Ranger RT188 White
    Yamaha 115 sho
    motorguide Xi5 80 with pinpoint gps
    Lowrance elite 5 ti with total scan console
    Lowrance hook 5 bow

14. Member
    Nice

Quote Originally Posted by JLMitchell19 View Post
    I called the seller back and struck a deal for 21K. All he wants is the payoff at the bank and we're meeting there Monday to do the deal.
    Excellent. I think you will be happy with it. Really a thousand dollars one way or another is not terribly relevant in the grand scheme when buying something like this. The bigger issue is buying something you will be happy with. The SHO is a big deal added value in my opinion with the six year warranty.

You know, I look around at other aluminum boats and I don't think there is one out there in this general price range that I would rather have or think is a better value.

I could pretty much fish out of any boat that I wanted to and I still keep the RT188 Yamaha combo..... I think you will be real pleased with the fishability....... You will love the Yammie......
    ----------------------------
    The bitterness of poor quality is remembered
    long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten - Benjamin Franklin

2013 RANGER RT188 - YAMAHA F115 - ULTREX - LOWRANCE GRAPHS
    LOCK-N-HAUL Transom Saver, ALL ABOARD Emergency Ladder
    1996 RANGER CHEROKEE - 40 YAMAHA

Awesome!

You couldn't go wrong either way!

Congrats and ENJOY!
    2017 Ranger RT188, Dual Console, Crystal Red Metallic, Mercury 115 Pro XS Four Stroke, Command Thrust with Tempest 24P, 52 MPH GPS @ 5200 RPM
    Motor Guide 80 lb Xi5 Pin Point/GPS , Lowrance HDS 7 w/Totalscan @ Console, Lowrance Elite 7 TI @ Bow; Romans 6:23

Great deal!

Have an adventure everyday !
    2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

18. Member
    +1 on Panama's post.

19. Member
    Great Price.....don't look back.....enjoy !

20. Member
    i'd concur with the rest of the folks that its a good deal. Doesn't hurt to ask for lower though

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast