250 proxs water leak

I got a 2009 model 250 pro xs. After fishing Tuesday trimmed motor up and had water dripping out from under cowling on front which would be lowest point trimmed all the way up. Pulled the cowling and didnt see anything obvious no broken or ruptured lines. I will run it with cowling off and try to figure out as soon as it warms a little. Was just wondering if this was something common with this engine that someone could point me in the right direction to. Thanks
    Found motor info model 1-250p73ed. Serial number 1b756867
    Last edited by rnb300; 01-05-2017 at 09:57 PM.

2. Member
    You will need to post serial number to get help.

3. Member
    I can do in morning

4. Member
    There is no "common" problem.....your going to have to run it with the cowling off.

just a stab here but make sure you look at both heads for cracks or water stains near the fuel rail studs
    Ryan Bauman 2022 Ranger 520R 250 Mercury ProXS Fourstroke

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Also check to make sure the pitot and water pressure tubing are properly connected (including inside the rigging tube).

Pulling the cowlings and checking it for leaks would indeed be the first step.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

7. Member
    If you want pics of what to look for in a cracked head you can reference my thread: http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=732977

8. Member
    No disaster this time fitting where water goes into compressor needed tightened. Removed resealed and tightened up. Cleaned strainer on other end of line while I was at it.