Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by capt odie View Post
    A interesting study would show manufacturer sponcered boats on the water.
    Lots of folks buy boats based on what a fishing guide or pro uses.
    Phoenix is growing. They must have a real nice boat plant allowing for growth.
    How long does it take to get a Phoenix when ordered?

Odie

Lots of folks also buy boats based on craftsmanship, materials, ride quality, customer service, design, reliability, storage, deck layout, features etc.

LUND 1875 Pro Guide 👊🏻✊🏻

2. Member
    If I am reading the chart correctly Phoenix sold 709 boats last year. That's a lot of boats.

3. Member
    Yep. And we know all of that 709 where fiberglass bass boats. If you do the math looks like they build about 14 boats a week on average. (Used 50 weeks instead of 52 since they probabaly close for July 4th and Christmas)

4. Member
    the biggest issue is they are priced too damned high! also the customer service has gone downhill since they lost deryl, deanna and especially lou
    Quote Originally Posted by Dburd68 View Post
    What are the issues legend is having
    Pool 10

Quote Originally Posted by Mc Gregor View Post
    the biggest issue is they are priced too damned high! also the customer service has gone downhill since they lost deryl, deanna and especially lou
    I have heard transom issues and other quality control issues. Also hear that customer service has really taken a nose dive. No personal experience with any of it on my end as I don't run a legend. It just seems like it keeps coming up.

6. Member
    Ok is this saying charger sold 17 boats last year? And looks like stratos is hanging in there despite poor advertising .

Quote Originally Posted by Kb444fishing View Post
    Ok is this saying charger sold 17 boats last year? And looks like stratos is hanging in there despite poor advertising .
    That's could be right. They are building the Champion 210 now. I know they sold several in the last quarter. The thing with Charger is their money is in their toons...not bass boats as much.

They do build a great bass boat though. The 797 is sweet and the new Champion is..well..the old Champion and Im sure they will sell some of those next year

I'll say this much...I'll buy a Charger over a Legend any day. Far better build quality and customer service. And still family owned after 40 years. Hell...when Charger put out the 797 in 2012...guess who copied the bilge design...Legend..that's what went into the V20

8. Member
    Yea. I think charger numbers will make a pretty good climb with the 210. I wouldn't get a legend either. They make a good looking boat but lots of structural issues in the v series when I was looking to buy. I was looking really hard at the v20 as the deck size and looks are nice but they are turds in the water as far as speed and holes hot. Plus the crack issues. I think there would only be 2 other boats I might think of getting and one isn't out yet. Either the new 210 or maybe the new lynx from bass cat. It would take a lot for me to move from a bird though.

9. Member
    i have owned a 2007 legend 199 and my current 2011 199. if they wouldnt have raised their prices so much i would be getting another one. these boats have been awesome. quality has been awesome and i never had any stress cracks in either one of them. they have not been the fastest, but 70 mph tournament loaded was acceptable. the 2007 would chine over 67 mph with only 1 guy in the boat, but not wirth 2 guys so it was never an issue. strange but the 2011 never did chine, even with only 1 guy in the boat.
    Pool 10

Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    Yea. I think charger numbers will make a pretty good climb with the 210. I wouldn't get a legend either. They make a good looking boat but lots of structural issues in the v series when I was looking to buy. I was looking really hard at the v20 as the deck size and looks are nice but they are turds in the water as far as speed and holes hot. Plus the crack issues. I think there would only be 2 other boats I might think of getting and one isn't out yet. Either the new 210 or maybe the new lynx from bass cat. It would take a lot for me to move from a bird though.

I agree there. Hard to look away from the 921 I have now. Best combination I have been in yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mc Gregor View Post
    i have owned a 2007 legend 199 and my current 2011 199. if they wouldnt have raised their prices so much i would be getting another one. these boats have been awesome. quality has been awesome and i never had any stress cracks in either one of them. they have not been the fastest, but 70 mph tournament loaded was acceptable. the 2007 would chine over 67 mph with only 1 guy in the boat, but not wirth 2 guys so it was never an issue. strange but the 2011 never did chine, even with only 1 guy in the boat.
    I think we were only talking about the V20/V21. Those are the ones with all the issues.

I liked the build and layout of the 199 and 211 when I was looking at them years ago, I just didnt like how skinny they were inside. Im not too small and just found mobility around consoles wasnt to my liking at all.

I know for a fact there was one pro craft made each year and sold and registered as a pro craft. This chart is just an approximation.

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

13. Member
    Those numbers don't include 4th quarter of 2016. It coulld have been registered in that quarter. It could and probably was registered under Tracker Marine and went into the Nitro numbers.

I had a V20 for a little while........I laaaaaaoved it
    2015 Legend V20

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aquacop View Post
    I had a V20 for a little while........I laaaaaaoved it
    Kind of confused. You have stated in the past that, "if you want problems, buy a Legend."

Quote Originally Posted by TritonJT View Post
    Kind of confused. You have stated in the past that, "if you want problems, buy a Legend."
    Oh damn...I had to search real quick. 1st thing that showed was "My V20 was the only boat I've owned where the term "dry storage" didn't apply to ANY of the compartments."

I sure wouldnt love that at all. That sucks...and thats not even the complaints I know of.

Maybe he meant "loathe"?

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmasterffej View Post
    Maybe he meant "loathe"?
    Or maybe that he loved the looks of it? They are beautiful boats and make me look twice every time that I see one. That said, I would easily run V20s down and pass them on a calm day during tournament launches with my Z8. When it's rough, though, they had the advantage.

I have heard that they were having a few problems with wet compartments and stringers, but I would never knock a Legend, Nitro, Ranger, or any other ride. That said, I am not interested in paying that kind of money to possibly have those kind of problems with a boat.
    2021 Phoenix 721
    Merc 250 ProXS 4S
    Lowrance Live 12/9/Ghost
    Garmin 1222 w/Livescope
    Ionic 3x50 AH Lithium

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    With triton having big qc issues lately and the Ranger buy out next year we may get above triton. Not to mention I do believe Phoenix is the best boat on the water. The boats sell themselves
    I don't think your going to see a jump in production. I talked to a dealer the other day and he was saying that the plant is at full production now.
    Mike
    2019 Phoenix 721 pro xp

Mercury 250 pro xs
    2B575862

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shortstick View Post
    I don't think your going to see a jump in production. I talked to a dealer the other day and he was saying that the plant is at full production now.

They need to finish the larger facility, but that isn't slated to happen until at least 2018.

2022 21PHX

Previous boats:
    2017 Phoenix 721 ProXP
    2000 Triton TR186

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast