Lodging in Dayton

Hey guys, I will be coming to Lake Chickamauga the third week of May for an Air National Guard tournament. We go to a different lake every year and I'm really looking forward to fishing the "Chick". Putting in at the ramp in Dayton so looking for a place to stay. Have stayed at some nice places over the years and a couple of dumpy motels during these tourneys. Never been to Dayton so hoping you local guys can give some advice on where or where not to stay. Doesn't have to be great but we don't mind paying a little more for a nicer place. Heard about Blue Water Resort, but that's a little pricier than we wanted. Some of the major chain motels look okay, but you guys will know which ones are the best. Thanks in advance and looking forward to fishing this lake I've heard so much about!
    2013 Phoenix 721 XP
    2013 Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Lowrance HDS Carbon 9 and HDS 9 gen 3
    Twin 10' Talons

2. Banned
    On the east side of the lake and on I-75 are a few hotels on the Sweetwater Exit. They're not high dollar properties either. See Booking.com

3. Member
    The Holiday Inn in Dayton is nice and reasonable. stayed a week there last year to fish.
    Larry Plummer
    1994 Stratos 201 Pro XL PD
    1994 Johnnson 200 Venom
    2006 Tracker Pt170
    2006 Merc. 25hp 4 stroke

nevermind

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

5. Member
    Blue water lodge is a good place. It's in the same creek as Dayton boat dock.
    2004 Stratos 285 Pro XL 150 Johnson

6. Member
    Blue weather is nice and has its own ramp which is nice. It's a couple minutes from Dayton ramp on water. Sleep inn was nice also but blue water would be my choice

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier fisherman View Post
    The Holiday Inn in Dayton is nice and reasonable. stayed a week there last year to fish.
    Agreed

8. Member
    A cabin at bluewater if you can swing it, if not Sleep Inn was nice last time I stayed, and right next to the Mcdonalds for breakfast
    2013 Legend 211R
    2017 Ford F-150 Ecoboost

9. Banned
    I believe the Sleep Inn and the Holiday Inn have outside power for your chargers.

Bill

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries 181 View Post
    I believe the Sleep Inn and the Holiday Inn have outside power for your chargers.

Bill
    Sleep Inn has then on one pole so hope you get close or bring 100-150 ft of cord
    2013 Legend 211R
    2017 Ford F-150 Ecoboost

11. Member
    How is Bluewater Resort with being able to park truck and trailers? Can you dock close to cabin to take a lunch break at the cabin during fishing day? Where is nearest ramp? What is overall rating for a fishing trip with two bass boats traveling from Ohio? Thanks for advice.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by osuginger View Post
    How is Bluewater Resort with being able to park truck and trailers? Can you dock close to cabin to take a lunch break at the cabin during fishing day? Where is nearest ramp? What is overall rating for a fishing trip with two bass boats traveling from Ohio? Thanks for advice.
    You can park the truck by your cabin. I believe you can leave your boat in a slip in the marina for the duration of your stay
    2013 Legend 211R
    2017 Ford F-150 Ecoboost