BASSIN

Onix 10 to Helix 12 Waypoint Sharing Issue

Anybody else have this issue. Sharing turned on both units. Current software versions. Connected via ethernet cable. Waypoints marked on either unit does not share with other unit and vise versa.

Thanks for the

2. Member
    My Helix and Onix were sharing fine it seemed like at first (only had both a couple of months) but I really wasn't paying much attention at the time but I know they were sharing. I noticed thought that on my Helix this weekend that I had marked a waypoint on the Onix and it didn't seem to show up on the map but as I approached the spot with the Helix the yellow bar was popping up telling me I was on the waypoint but I didn't see it on the sonar screen. I did however import shared waypoints to my Onix as I was leaving the lake and it brought the Helix waypoints in. Not sure what's really going on as instead of trying to diagnose the problems I just keep fishing. The main reason for now that I'm not as concerned is that I have a heading sensor I need to get a location pinpointed and install it as well as another Navionics card (I have one in the Onix). So for now I'm just using my Helix which is at the bow for DI/2d. I'll try to play with it more soon.

3. BASSIN
    Yea. My waypoints dont show up at all. Let me know what you find out. I may save both unit waypoints to a card and delete all nav data from both units and restore factory defaults.

I have my Helix 12 and ONIX 10 on my desk connected via Ethernet. The waypoints are shared.

I can turn off Waypoint Sharing and they disappear from the other unit, turn Waypoint Sharing back on and they appear again.

The Helix waypoints are listed in the ONIX Nav Data menu as Helix Group
    Last edited by Wayne P.; 01-05-2017 at 03:53 PM.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

5. Member
    Not sure about the Helix but under Nav Data on the Onix there is an option to import shared nav data, I pushed it while on the water and it pulled all the waypoints from my Helix over into the Onix as if they came from the Onix. The Helix has to be powered on for that to work.

6. BASSIN
    Trying to eliminate having to push import waypoints on the onix every time. Should be automatic with waypoint sharing turned on for both units. Is there a way on the onix to see if the helix is connected via ethernet to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow1 View Post
    Trying to eliminate having to push import waypoints on the onix every time. Should be automatic with waypoint sharing turned on for both units. Is there a way on the onix to see if the helix is connected via ethernet to it.

Read the last sentence in post #4
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

8. BASSIN
    Yea. I see it. Mine are not in there from the Helix

Waypoint sharing was added to the ONIX units via software version 2.300 in March 2015.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

10. BASSIN
    I think I went from 2.0 to 2.7 and bypassed 2.3. I'm going to check on that

11. Member
    Shouldn't matter. 2.7 update will include everything from 2.3 as well

12. Member
    I have same issue. I have an onix 10 on the dashboard that I use for side image and down image. I also have a helix 10 besides it that I use for nothing but mapping. I have a helix 12 on the bow. When I hit waypoint on the onix, no waypoints appear on either helix. They are all connected via 5 port Ethernet hub. The weird thing is that I can mark a waypoint on the helix 12 and sometimes it shows up on the 10 but that's it. All three units have the new updates and sharewaypoints on.

13. Member
    Well... not sure if this will last or if it may help anyone but as I was trying to solve the above problem, I decided to turn the helix unit at the bow first, then the helix 10 in the console and lastly the onix. All the sudden we are sharing way points on all the units with no problem. Weird. I am not sure if this is what the problem was but it seems to work in garage with no problem as long as I turn the helix units first and onix last instead of the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by Rios View Post
    Well... not sure if this will last or if it may help anyone but as I was trying to solve the above problem, I decided to turn the helix unit at the bow first, then the helix 10 in the console and lastly the onix. All the sudden we are sharing way points on all the units with no problem. Weird. I am not sure if this is what the problem was but it seems to work in garage with no problem as long as I turn the helix units first and onix last instead of the other way around.
    Good info ..... let us know if that changes.
    __________________________________________________ ___

**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**
    __________________________________________________ ___

Units ..... 1197 (6.310) ...1198 (6.490) ... Helix 12 MSI G3N