American Standard toilet

Anybody have any experience with there dual flush model ? I need to purchase 2 new toilets and trying to figure out what to buy.

2. Member
    When we built we installed 2 Eljer "Titan" toilets with extra large trapways...haven't had one problem.
    I've got money I haven't even spent yet!
    2011 Nitro Z8--200 pro xs

I've installed about a dozen or so double flush toilets. All of them were client bought toilets. I think 3 out of the dozen were American Standard. The other were European brands the clients bought for boutique($$$$) stores.

They all hook up the same just one button for #1 and the other for #2. Never got a call for any of them to replace the "guts".
    1996 ProCraft 185 DC Pro, Mercury EFI 150

4. Member
    Thanks haha,that's good to hear, are you a plumber ? if so would you have a preferance on what brand and model to buy.

I'm not a plumber by trade but a home improvement contractor in the trades for the last 26 years. I've changed out many of toilets in that time but have no real preference as it's the client who picks out or buys the toilet they like and want to use.

Most dual flush toilets are more forceful in the flush because they use less water in the flush. The cheaper toilets eventually you'll be changing out the tanks guts in a few years.
    1996 ProCraft 185 DC Pro, Mercury EFI 150

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by haha View Post
    I'm not a plumber by trade but a home improvement contractor in the trades for the last 26 years. I've changed out many of toilets in that time but have no real preference as it's the client who picks out or buys the toilet they like and want to use.

Most dual flush toilets are more forceful in the flush because they use less water in the flush. The cheaper toilets eventually you'll be changing out the tanks guts in a few years.
    Thanks for your help