Fish and Ski Travel Cover.

Hey guys, what are you using for your Travel Covers? I have a 19' Triton F/S. It has a little bit longer front deck than most 19' f/s, but I can't really afford a super custom fit model. Let me know what you like. Thanks. Brent

2. Member
    Mr B.....I have a nitro z7 sport and Ive tried multiple covers with very little luck. I purchased the boat in 2014 and went through 3 covers when I decided I could have purchased a custom cover with all the money I wasted on cheap covers. I ended up purchasing a dowco custom trailering cover specifically for my rig and couldn't be happier. It protects my boat and trailers great. They deff don't give them away but with the money you spend replacing the cheap ones every year it's money well spent. Just my opinion ofcourse....there are lots of choices out there and I may have missed the good ones...lol...good luck and God bless!

3. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Custom is the best and cheapest option. No ready made cover is going to trailer worth a crap.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

4. Member
    I love my Aurora Canvas cover on my Stratos 486. Here's a link to their in-stock discounted covers - http://www.auroracanvas.com/Triton%20Stock%20Covers.htm

5. Member
    I don't know where you're at - but I had an Amish guy custom make a cover for my boat when I first got it a few years back. Only cost me around $400 or so and it's awesome. Still looks like brand new and it's been like 5 years now. Sunbrella material, snaps all the way around with grommet tabs for adding bungee cords, extra reinforcing over all the tear points (windshield, tm, electronics, etc) and a motor cover too. Best investment I've made. Keep in mind - I live in Ohio and for 4 years my boat was stored outside, next to my house year round.
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT

6. Member
    I'll second the Aurora cover. Got one with my boat when I bought it new in 09, and has held up very well for me. I had the off-the-shelf covers on my old boat and they were basically throw away every year, maybe 2 years at the most.
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Mr B View Post
    Hey guys, what are you using for your Travel Covers? I have a 19' Triton F/S. It has a little bit longer front deck than most 19' f/s, but I can't really afford a super custom fit model. Let me know what you like. Thanks. Brent
    I have a 2015 Ranger Reata 1850LS that I drove from Texas to Minnesota to purchase (new). It came with the $1,000.00 Ranger Custom Cover, that was included as a Promotional Bonus. The cover fits well, has a ratchet band around the bottom him, a couple of cross straps that go under the boat (attaching to the opposite side) and a nice felt lining. I had planned to bring the boat home without the cover, but the dealer insisted I leave with it covered. When I got home, I found multiple scuffed areas along the vertical part of the deck hull, just below the gunwales. It took me 6 hours to speed-buff them out. Although "custom", it really didn't fit snug enough to prevent the cover from moving around in the wind & turbulence.

The only covers I've ever used (when traveling) that didn't cause damage were custom made units from the local Canvas shop.

I wish that Ranger had offered the cover or a $500.00 promotional discount. I would've taken the discount and used the $500.00 for a GOOD cover.

8. Member
    Thanks for all your replies guys. I appreciate it.
    Brent.