Thread: HDS 9 Gen 3

HDS 9 Gen 3

Hey guys,

Thinking about upgrading both units this year and was wondering if a HDS 9 will fit on the dash with the Sherm's bracket on a 2007 Puma ?

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by riverrat29 View Post
    Hey guys,

Thinking about upgrading both units this year and was wondering if a HDS 9 will fit on the dash with the Sherm's bracket on a 2007 Puma ?
    Anybody ??

3. Member
    Mine is mounted on the console with the bracket that came with it. I know that's not what you're asking but maybe it'll help.

20160226_132906.jpg
    2009 Bass Cat Puma
    2017 250 Pro XS

4. Member
    Hi riverrat29,
    I have a 2007 Puma with two HDS 9's. Using a Sherm's bracket at the console. Works very well. Raises the unit up some which improves the line of site from being blocked by the steering wheel.
    I also have a HDS 9 at the bow.

Curt

5. Member
    That's perfect Curt. Exactly what I needed to see. I measured and it laid out and it looked like I needed to get the up a little to make it fit the best. Looks good. Did you get the front mounting bracket from Sherm as well or from another source ? I will looking into ordering those. I have had my puma for a couple years and as bad I want a new(er) boat and am kicking stones around making some upgrades vs. taking the plunge.

6. Scraps
    I have mine mounted on the console with the stock bracket. I really don't think the bracket is meant to be mounted cantilevered to the console and a different bracket like Sherm's would be better.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

7. Member
    Which mount are you using for the 9 on the bow?

Quote Originally Posted by Trout View Post
    Mine is mounted on the console with the bracket that came with it. I know that's not what you're asking but maybe it'll help.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by riverrat29 View Post
    That's perfect Curt. Exactly what I needed to see. I measured and it laid out and it looked like I needed to get the up a little to make it fit the best. Looks good. Did you get the front mounting bracket from Sherm as well or from another source ? I will looking into ordering those. I have had my puma for a couple years and as bad I want a new(er) boat and am kicking stones around making some upgrades vs. taking the plunge.
    The bow unit is mounted using a BalzOut mount. Got it from Scott at Hawghead Marine 717-845-3044.
    The console mount is from Sherm. Both the bow and console units are HDS-9 Gen 3's.

9. Member
    I think Bass Cat sales the Balzout mount now to

10. Member
    I think you can also buy it at TackleWare House