The thread about the black bobcat got me thinking about how many people have seen black cats while out hunting. I have a farm in Breckinridge County Kentucky and I saw a large black cat while hunting the first day of modern gun season this year. I hear a noise that sounded similar to a doe blowing when spooked. I watched down the logging road in the direction that the noise came from and large black cat stepped out of the woods, stood there long enough for me to get a scope on it to get a look at it, then walked off. I originally thought it was a abnormally large black bobcat until it turned and I saw the long tail that it had. IT was the size of a german shepherd. A hunting buddy of mine said he saw one on my place 9 years ago. We've been calling him crazy for the past 9 years. Now I know he wasn't crazy, as I saw one with my own eyes.

What type of cat could that have been? Have any of you seen one like that while hunting? Do you think it has a very large range that it travels? Or would could it be possible that it is living there near my place?