REFLECTIONS photo contest for Jan.

Submit pics here that are taken between Jan 1st and the 28th.

*DO NOT VOTE FOR YOURSELF. This is about encouraging each other, sharing your art and not to be taken seriously. Voting polls will be public.

1) Picture has to be true to the monthly theme.
    2) You have to take the pic yourself.
    3) Only NEW pictures taken between the time constraint given (ex: Nov1st through Nov 25th at Midnight). Exif data must be available in the picture for verification of date shot if there is a stipulation. NO archived photos (unless otherwise specified)
    4) Pictures submitted need to be 1024x768
    5) No heavy photoshopping. Cropping and color adjustment (brightness, contrast, B&W etc.) are fine but no HDR's or complex manipulations.
    6) OPTIONAL Please list the settings you used to capture your shot, such as apeture, shutter speed, ISO, if you were using a tripod, remote etc. etc. If you don't know them or were on full auto, no problem.

Reflection
    Support 81

[IMG]

I guess I'll jump in... I captured this image this morning (1/28/17) in 20 degree temps. I was standing in the little creek... My main concern was not the cold, it was the risk slipping on one of the slippery rocks and falling down .[/IMG]
    Last edited by SoonerCharlie; 01-28-2017 at 10:24 AM.

Reflection BBC by Sean Geerlof, on Flickr

Not that I stand a chance.... LOL

Great shot Charlie

Bummer on the low participation for this month. Both excellent shots here and thanks for posting. Strangely, I just retired at the beginning of the year, at the age of 37, and I have no spare time! lol. My wife and kids are taking full advantage of me and keeping me very busy. Let's call this month's contest a draw and ramp it up for next month!
    Support 81

Let's give credit where credit is do... I concede... ;)

Quote Originally Posted by xm sean View Post
    Let's give credit where credit is do... I concede... ;)
    NOT SO FAST.... Not with out Me conceding... Nice shot Sean.

Now to get more folks involved... Instead of a monthly theme... Why don't we leave it open. There is always a lot more participation that way. Images still have to be captured within the month. Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerCharlie View Post
    NOT SO FAST.... Not with out Me conceding... Nice shot Sean.

Now to get more folks involved... Instead of a monthly theme... Why don't we leave it open. There is always a lot more participation that way. Images still have to be captured within the month. Just a thought.
    Good Idea
    I looked thru all my latest Images and couldnt find anything that would even come close, Reflections are tough.One has to have perfect Conditions and whith our weather Not much Sun anywhere.. Nice shots guys
    Charlie Thats a really good capture

Quote Originally Posted by grayline View Post
    Good Idea
    I looked thru all my latest Images and couldnt find anything that would even come close, Reflections are tough.One has to have perfect Conditions and whith our weather Not much Sun anywhere.. Nice shots guys
    Charlie Thats a really good capture
    Thank You. I know what you mean about the conditions for reflections... It's been really windy here for most of the month. On the day I captured the reflection shot, I got up way before daylight, went outside and it was cold(in the 20's )but, no wind so, I grabbed the gear and, headed to a creek that I had on my mind... set the camera and tripod up in the creek and waited for the Morning light to clear the hill to the east, captured 6 images and then waded out of there.
    By the time I got home the wind had picked up again to 16mph.
    Last edited by SoonerCharlie; 01-29-2017 at 04:22 PM.

Great shots guys!

I would have put an entry in this month but my hard drive took a dump. Picking up my computer today after not having it for two weeks. I'll be ready for February

The point of a theme contest is to get you to think outside the box and expand your skill set. As XM Sean demonstrated, reflections aren't limited by weather conditions. I was considering a free choice for the next theme contest to get participation back up. But I do think it would be a terrible idea to make it an open choice for every month. Some people would just stay in their wheelhouse and post similar shots every time. Just my thoughts on that.

On a personal note, recent changes in my life are restricting me from the free time I use to have for BBC. I still very much love this place and my fellow members but I may be having a hard time to run these contests in the timely matter as I have in the past. If anyone may be interested in taking over the contest, let me know!
    Support 81

I like an open theme also but I think as Revoke stated it is to get guys to think outside the box and try things they normally would not.

I was actually trying to take a macro shot of a water drop on the bill of a jerkbait with the reflection of a Smallmouth coming through. The theme is what got me thinking of trying that. I failed horribly but it did get some time in figuring out what did not work. If not for this theme I would not have been thinking that way.

Support 81