Which accessories for BGE?

I'm leaning toward the BGE from my other post so now a couple of questions. About how much will a large cost? What accessories to buy? Use BGE lump or use something like Royal Oak? Thanks guys!

Haven't priced the egg recently. Generally, any typical grill stuff is good. If it says BGE on it, the price gets jacked. They're pretty proud of their burger flippers and grate brushes.

The plate setter is a must. Without it, you have a big $ charcoal grill. The PS turns it into a smoker and oven for indirect cooking.

You should get a decent meat thermometer. At least one with a remote you can carry or have nearby in the house. Some do bluetooth. It is an important tool.

I use royal oak. Got a load of it from wally world for $8/18 lb bag. Works well. The only brand I ever had trouble with is Cowboy Brand. Maybe I got a bad batch.

3. Banned
    Use Royal Oak, best bang for your buck. There are all different setups to use. www.ceramicgrillstore.com
    Www.firecraft.com I have a Platesetter for a large but I prefer the raised rings with the BGE pizza stone as the heat deflector. Www.kickashbasket.com is one of the best upgrades I think. Air flow is great and lights fast. I use a torch with propane bottle to start mine. It has the ignition head. I like it alot and easy. You can light from the bottom through the air intake or just a small spot on top. I use the maverick et733 I think is the number..wireless remote that has way better pick up than Bluetooth if you have a lot of walls or doors in the way. Www.thermoworks.com
    You don't need the ash tool with the kickashbasket, you don't need a grill grate gripper...cheap pair of long tongs work..I suggest a pair of welder gloves or a pair of those rubber gloves. It helps handling a hot platesetter or pizza stone. Use amazon for searching items also. Buy heavy duty foil in bulk..500ft rolls. If you are a wrapper of brisket and large cuts look at pink butcher paper (Aaron Franklin) you tube test. Cheap atlas gloves for handling lump and all the dirty grates. So many little things out there that are great. Like the chicken wing/leg holder...love that thing. And now a food saver was just added. I could probably keep going...this should help. Any more questions just call or text. Clif 3608708148

4. Member
    I second the plate setter. It makes the bge so much more versatile. Get the javelin digital thermometer on Amazon. It's cheap and gets the job done. A 3 tiered grill grate is also awesome for making a bunch of wings/ribs, or anything else you're making a bunch of. After you get the plate setter, pick up a pizza stone. The bge brand is expensive and I like my cheapo better. Pizzas off the egg are amazing & super easy. Also, join eggheadforum.com. It's like the bbc of egging. They're really helpful and cool. Plus a ton of great recipes.

5. Banned
    Pics of why this set up is better than the P.S.

Ring can be used for a wok if you choose also. The area protected from direct heat is greater with the pizza stone set up. The P.S. is obsolete now.

6. Member
    I'll stick with the ps.

7. Member
    Royal Oak is the same as BGE charcoal for a ton less...cowboy brand is horrible...Clif has summed up the accessories as usual in thorough! I prefer the Looftlighter over the torch for lighting the coals. A moderately priced remote digital thermometer would be great...don't spend a lot on this as they all never seem to last an extended period of time at any price...I have had the best luck with the I-grill and my smart phone app for this. My favorite charcoal is Rockwood. My second favorite is "B and B" oak....the standby and always on hand is Royal Oak. As far as price goes for a large BGE, it should cost you around $1,000.00...shop before you buy one as different dealers package different accessories in a package deal. Clif's accessories are essential and some that are offered in a package deal are not really needed very often. I also suggest that you do not get a egg nest table..there is no room for all of the needed accessories to be able to store them. Make your own table with storage in mind if you are able to.. You need counter space to work from, not wings from the nest! This is my set up...made from composite decking. Enjoy you venture!!!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images