Thread: Boat problems

Boat problems

My fx21 2014 skeeter with 250 will randomly die with no alarms anyone had this problem?

2. Member
    When u say die. Like it s hard to start and feels like out of gas

3. Member
    check your water separator....

4. Member
    Mine would idle ruff and die when O2 sensor was dirty.

5. Member
    I had the same problem. The mechanic said it was a filter and charged $200. I picked up the boat and went to the lake. I got 2 miles from the ramp and it quit. Turns out it was a bad battery connection. I felt stupid for not figuring that out right away. Then I thought well...that certified mechanic didn't figure it out either.

6. Member
    Clean battery terminals and connections!

7. Member
    I had the same problem , take the fuel cap off and drill 2-3 small holes on the inside plastic . This will let it breath and fix the problem , if u want to make sure this is the problem the next time it does it open the back lid and look at ur fuel line it will be collapsed , unscrew fuel cap and watch the fuel line go back to normal .

8. Member
    Where u drill the holes in gas cap or exactlu
    where

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Beginners luck View Post
    I had the same problem , take the fuel cap off and drill 2-3 small holes on the inside plastic . This will let it breath and fix the problem , if u want to make sure this is the problem the next time it does it open the back lid and look at ur fuel line it will be collapsed , unscrew fuel cap and watch the fuel line go back to normal .
    Clear the fuel vent hoses and ensure it doesn't have any dips or bends where fuel can get trapped. Why would you want to drill holes in the fuel cap?

10. Member
    It doesn't matter where u drill the holes in the plastic on the back of the cap . Like I said wait till it does it again open back lid and look at ur hose if it has collapsed open fuel cap it will let the pressure off of system. I checked my vent hose as well , that wasn't the problem . This fix was told to me by a skeeter service Dept . My boat is a 2016 ZX225 , it must b a frequent problem. I haven't had anymore issues with it .

11. Member
    Vapor lock on the tank is caused by siphon valves sticking. Replace the siphon valves. No way I would drill holes in the cap but that's just me.
    Respectfully,
    Captain Rab
    V1CO 1:27 But God has chosen the foolish things of the
    world to put to shame the wise; and God has
    chosen the weak things of the world to put to
    shame the things which are mighty

Kinda violates the EPA compliant design.

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

13. Member
    I've had problems with my EPA compliant 2013 TZX 190 since day one. I can't fill it with fuel without removing the vent tube otherwise the fuel just burps back out. I've checked out all the valves & they are okay. Lately, it will randomly die, even at high speeds. The only way I can restart it is to pump the bulb which is soft like it has no fuel. At higher RPM's the engine will loose power & slow down but not die, then speed back up. I've changed the Yamaha screw on filter but it still does it. If I run it at speeds below about 4500 rpm's it seems to run fine. I have noticed that the bulb gets soft as soon as I start the engine but it will still run. sometimes it will run fine for several days or weeks without touching the bulb, then all of a sudden it will be hard to start or die & not restart without pumping the bulb. It seems strange that the bulb would be intermittent or be bad after only 3 seasons.

14. Member
    You might consider posting this in the Yamaha motor section below. I think you will get more looks / responses,

Quote Originally Posted by jmooter View Post
    My fx21 2014 skeeter with 250 will randomly die with no alarms anyone had this problem?

15. Member
    I have a TZX190 also and the first year all the same problems as skeeterqeezer , my dealer had to change the whole fuel system with the newer system he says , so I guess its a poor design for the 2013 thur 2015

16. Member
    make sure the battery has the correct RC rating

17. Member
    had a crack in pump up bulb.