Thread: Should I

Should I

My trailer needs some work, new surge brakeactuator, break lines and shoes (it's an older trailer) and a new winch post and I'd like to get some new wheels and have it painted. Or, buys nicer used trailer that was for a 20' Legend,
    have bunk boards reset for my boat, trailer is $1500 plus whatever the cost to have bunch boards reset to fit my boat, or, spend $4400 on a custom Pro Gator Trailer.
    The boat is a '96 so I don't want to put a turd boat on top of a diamond trailer (not that my boat is a turd) just want to be practical.
    1996 ProGator 200V
    1998 Mercury 225 EFI
    New Carpet
    Seastar Pro Hyd Steering
    Minn Kota Ultrex

Quote Originally Posted by terry5357 View Post
    My trailer needs some work, new surge brakeactuator, break lines and shoes (it's an older trailer) and a new winch post and I'd like to get some new wheels and have it painted. Or, buys nicer used trailer that was for a 20' Legend,
    have bunk boards reset for my boat, trailer is $1500 plus whatever the cost to have bunch boards reset to fit my boat, or, spend $4400 on a custom Pro Gator Trailer.
    The boat is a '96 so I don't want to put a turd boat on top of a diamond trailer (not that my boat is a turd) just want to be practical.
    Sounds like the nice used trailer is the best option.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments