Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Im gonna have to disagree on the hulls not being the same unless I hear from the guy at the factory laying hulls all day. Its much more cost effective to use the same hulls and just add the shinny stuff. My ZX 225 is 2" shorter than an FX 20 and thats not in the hull. Its in the sponsons on the back. Mine are squared off where the FX are rounder, making it 2" longer. I like the toggle switches better myself. Allot cheaper and easier to fix. Ive already upgraded my latches to the polished stainless ones that the FX have. Now I have shinny stuff like the FX and I saved a bunch of money in the process. Even if I throw to blades on there and upgrade to an HDS 12 at the console I still wont even come close to touching the price of an FX. That fine tooth comb and those different little things are expensive!! Haha

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by phlipnstik View Post
    Im gonna have to disagree on the hulls not being the same unless I hear from the guy at the factory laying hulls all day. Its much more cost effective to use the same hulls and just add the shinny stuff. My ZX 225 is 2" shorter than an FX 20 and thats not in the hull. Its in the sponsons on the back. Mine are squared off where the FX are rounder, making it 2" longer. I like the toggle switches better myself. Allot cheaper and easier to fix. Ive already upgraded my latches to the polished stainless ones that the FX have. Now I have shinny stuff like the FX and I saved a bunch of money in the process. Even if I throw to blades on there and upgrade to an HDS 12 at the console I still wont even come close to touching the price of an FX. That fine tooth comb and those different little things are expensive!! Haha
    15&16 Zx/FX hulls same sure. I agree, I asked and nobody proved me otherwise. This year when the 2017 FX was announced Skeeter and dealers claimed they changed the hull on the FX. They can afford to change the hulls because the top caps are same now. The sponsons are the same design now as the Zx btw. However, I think you missed my point. I'm not talking about upgrading all the fine tooth comb items from the FX to the ZX, but make then some what similar. Upgrading to the HDS 12 on the Zx and Putting a PP on the FX is somewhat equal. Whats the base price of the FX 21. We know the price difference between the LEs and Zx. I bet a baseline FX 21 with a 8' PP Pro is not $13,500 more than a Zx 250 with a HDS 12. Then we can start going over the fine tooth comb stuff. Comparing the Zx 225 to the FX20 is even more tricky especially since the motors are different and the overall boat lengths.

Functionality between the two, not worth the price difference IMO, but that wasn't the point I was getting at.
    Last edited by Randy T; 01-15-2017 at 12:09 PM.

I understand what you we're saying. We're good. I just dont think there is THAT much difference between the two to justify the price difference. ZX250/FX21 same length and width. Is the ride THAT much different between the two. I find that very hard to believe. Same goes with ZX225/FX 20 and the 250/225. We're only talking 25hp, probably 3-4 mph difference depending on set up. Cant see the ride being much different either. The ZX guys love their boats and the FX guys love their boats. I get it, but we're all on the same team here. I had an FX21 and I honestly like the way my ZX rides and fishes over the FX I had.

4. Banned
    It costed me $4000 more for a 16'FX 20 over a 16'ZX 225. I didnt want power pole and got a 12 at the console to offset that the power pole. Also the trailer is an upgrade along with a $1000 travel cover and 25 more HP at that price. These were side by side at the dealer and I felt for $4000 more the FX was the better deal. This may not be the same prices every where else I didnt shop around. My 16'FX20 was $56900 and the 16'ZX225 was $52,500

You got a hell of a deal on your FX20.
    Last edited by phlipnstik; 01-15-2017 at 05:07 PM.

6. Member
    I've fished both and all the guys with a ZX250 will tell you they're the same boat but they're not... different options and upgrades.. get what you want and be happy with it! I'll take my FX21 over the ZX250 any day..

No offense but ZX250 owners won't say "I should have bought an FX..." They want to feel like they got some great deal... if you add the PP blades, all the lighting, better latches, fully padded front deck, HDS12, trailer, etc there isn't much of a difference in price. Plus, I like the custom colors on my FXLE and I'm willing to pay for it.

dont be haters ZX250 owners!

7. Member
    Good Luck on your new Skeeter. I have had 14 Skeeter's over the years. I just got my new FX21 in October. I love it.
    Moved up from a ZX. Both models are great. However the FX is a step above. Only Skeeter and Ranger Make a boat that has model that is a step above all the rest. With skeeter that is a FX. the hull is better, the ride is better, the performance it better.
    You are looking at getting a great boat. Now with the package pricing you are saving thousand of dollars off of doing it your self.
    Hope you enjoy your new Skeeter.

8. Member
    I have to agree when we purchased our 2016 fx 20 LE my wife and I tested drove the zx 225 250 and fx 20 LE. It's only my opinion but I felt the fx LE was the better ride. If my shop was bigger I would of gotta the fx 21 LE.

9. Banned
    This sure is a beauty.. A nice orange.

http://apopkamarine.com/Boat-Search....74&action=view

These guys also have a 20' w/red accents but it isn't showing on the website.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12