Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Buying a new 2017 FX20 LE

I am looking at pulling the trigger on a new 2017 FX20 LE. If I could figure out how to resize the pic and upload it I would. Looking for thoughts on speed, ride, storage, fish ability, etc. Thanks

2. Member
    save some money and buy a zx250 and add another power pole and go dual depth finders at the console!

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bgibson View Post
    save some money and buy a zx250 and add another power pole and go dual depth finders at the console!
    What he said👍

Quote Originally Posted by TritonJT View Post
    What he said👍
    +1

5. Member
    I'll try and asnwer your questions...

I own a 17 FX21LE and have fished a 20 also

Speed - low 70's

Ride - excellent but you'll enjoy the 21 more as it's a better ride no matter what anyone says

Storage - plenty and good layout.. you'll enjoy all the led compartments with nice latches

Fishability - good as it gets in my opinion but you'll notice the significant difference in deck space from 20 to 21.. I can get my 21 anywhere the 20 will go and maneuver just fine. I have a single console and the large deck is great.. 21 will be a little more stable in the water because of weight and length but both will fish two men just fine.

I fished a 15 ZX250 for over a year and it was a great boat.. but.. the 17 FX21LE is bad to the bone!

You only live once so get what you want and have no regrets!

6. Member
    Thanks I appreciate it.

7. Member
    I have had 3 rangers and 4 skeeter fx boats. The 2017 fx21 is the best riding,best fishing boat I have ever owned. Skeeter finish out is not great and you will have some annoying little things to fix because they dont do a good job at the factory but the great hull and ride are worth it.

8. Member
    What is Nike's slogan :) Ha I have a 16 FX21LE and love it! went from an 06 19ZX so a pretty big upgrade. I think the main differences are in the details. In my opinion Skeeter thought of it all and put it in the FX line,

is it worth it? not sure, don't care!

it looks BA, rides great, trailers nice, and is a Skeeter :)

9. Member
    1 thing I will add is make sure you by from a good Skeeter dealer because like said before there will be a few little things that will have to be addressed and its all about the dealer, Skeeter themselves are totally hands off.

10. BBC SPONSOR
    The FX 20 is a rocket. It will fish great, ride great, and be very stable while fishing. As far as people with the fx 21 vs 20.. do what works best for YOU. Joe McBride Sport Boats USA

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jdavis5634 View Post
    I have had 3 rangers and 4 skeeter fx boats. The 2017 fx21 is the best riding,best fishing boat I have ever owned. Skeeter finish out is not great and you will have some annoying little things to fix because they dont do a good job at the factory but the great hull and ride are worth it.
    Ditto on the above about there will be things to fix. Fit and finish is not the best.

12. Member
    I went last Monday and looked at the one I want (closet dealer is 3 hours away ) and from what I could tell the fit and finish was great. Nothing that really stuck out out to me. I'm just wondering if I should get the 20 or 21. Will I regret buying the 20? Is 10" worth the extra money? Thanks all for the input. I appreciate it.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chucky6153 View Post
    I went last Monday and looked at the one I want (closet dealer is 3 hours away ) and from what I could tell the fit and finish was great. Nothing that really stuck out out to me. I'm just wondering if I should get the 20 or 21. Will I regret buying the 20? Is 10" worth the extra money? Thanks all for the input. I appreciate it.
    I will never own a 20 again. fishes the same arou nd docks and in tight places but the rough water ride is much better. My livewell pumpout barely dribbles water out. The transducer at the wheel was not run to the unit, none of the gauges worked on the digital gauge. These are the little things that should be checked at the factory. I would highly suggest the 21!

14. Member
    Don't downgrade to a ZX250, not even close

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by woody123 View Post
    Don't downgrade to a ZX250, not even close

How is a ZX250 not even close.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by B_Thompson View Post
    How is a ZX250 not even close.
    I would like to know that as well??

ZX250 is a FX21 with less shinny stuff. ZX225 is a FX20 with 25 HP less and less shinny stuff. I dont understand why everyone always hates on the ZX boats...

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by phlipnstik View Post
    ZX250 is a FX21 with less shinny stuff. ZX225 is a FX20 with 25 HP less and less shinny stuff. I dont understand why everyone always hates on the ZX boats...
    VERY WELL SAID!

19. Member
    That was my point exactly. I bought a ZX250 because I didn't want a touch pad. Toggle swithe can be fixed alot easier and quicker. Also with the savings I could rig my electronics as I wished. Everything else is exactly the same for less money.

20. Member
    They are very similar boats, but once you take a fine tooth comb to the FX there are many different little things that separate these boats. 2017 FX hull is not the same as ZX hull. These differences is what separates ones desires.

Another thing to consider is the Zx 250 gets compared to the FX 21 LE. What is the cost difference between a FX 21 with a 8' PP Pro Series and a ZX250 with a HDS 12 G3 in it.
    Last edited by Randy T; 01-15-2017 at 10:30 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast