Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Thanks Soonerfan. I don't fish real shallow, so maybe it will be Ok. Will the Ultrex still run if you lift it up a little to get past a shallow spot like other cable operated trolling motors.
    2017 Nitro Z21, 300XS, 24p Fury and Bravo1 XS 26p & 27p, 12' Talons, Gen3 12's, SonicHub2, 3DScan and 112 Ultrex and Fortrex.
    2017 Ranger Reata 223F, Mercury 150 Four Stroke, HDS12 Gen3, TotalScan, and Xi5

Quote Originally Posted by texasfisher View Post
    Thanks Soonerfan. I don't fish real shallow, so maybe it will be Ok. Will the Ultrex still run if you lift it up a little to get past a shallow spot like other cable operated trolling motors.
    Yes, just like my Maxxum....I got myself out of too shallow water a couple times....even ran it into the bank trying to get a jig out of a bush. It won't run while it's in the stowed position. I haven't experimented with it to know at what point it quits working.

I also discovered that the cruise control works better than spot lock in a heavy wind. We were pitching up into some reeds and stickups. Whenever I'd hit Spot Lock, the motor would go into a frantic backing up motion which would result in swinging the back of the boat around to where my buddy was backing into the reeds and I was getting back boated. I found that if I hit the N^ button and pointed the head of the motor right into the wind and adjusted the speed to where it just held the boat in one spot or slowly creeped forward, it worked much better. The wind makes the Spot Lock work too much.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12