Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Garmin unit locking up

Has anyone had an issue with their unit locking up since the most recent software upload? My unit froze 4 times this week. Only way to reset was to un-mount from the docking station. All I can assume is that it's due to the software version. I just loaded it.

What model of echoMAP do you have?
    Garmin Pro Team

3. Member
    My Strike7sv did that yesterday, had to pull the power plug to shut it down, only the second time I've used it.

4. Member
    93SV

5. Member
    I have a 93sv non chirp and its been doing exactly what you are describing for months.

6. Member
    call garmin support my 93sv did same thing , its in the software update

7. Member
    Is this only effecting the echomap series or is it also the GPSmap series? Was this part of the newest Panoptix up-date?

I downloaded the up-date but have not installed it yet. Weather wont let me get out anyway.

Im asking because I am helping a couple of guys that just got new Garmin gear and one of my first things is to tell them to do the latest up-date......
    Smokercraft Phantom 202 Yamaha F115/Merc 9.9
    Garmin 7610xsv/GT51M-TM/Panoptix PS21/LiveScope
    Why am I hanging out here when I could be fishing.....

8. Member
    Guess I will stay away from this update - thx for posting. Sorry for the issue.

9. Banned
    According to the Garmin site the new 3.80 was released 11-18-2016. Unfortunatly I just bought a new unit and installed the 3.80. Hope they get it fixed by spring.

10. Member
    Thanks for that bit of information, rocket man. I have not installed 3.80 and will wait for fix. ty again

For those experiencing the issue, what exactly is the behavior? For example, is the unit completely unresponsive, is the sonar not scrolling, is the unit unresponsive but the beeper still works when pressing keys, what page are they on when it locks up, etc?
    Garmin Pro Team

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Driscoll View Post
    For those experiencing the issue, what exactly is the behavior? For example, is the unit completely unresponsive, is the sonar not scrolling, is the unit unresponsive but the beeper still works when pressing keys, what page are they on when it locks up, etc?
    Mine was on Chart screen every time. Unit stops responding completely. No key inputs work, no sounds, no scrolling. Only way to shut off and reset unit is to remove power and restart. The first 3 times it happened, I was using the contour mapping feature. The last time was just standard chart screen

13. Member
    Todd, I misspoke. I was on a split screen, chart and down imaging and also just full chart.

93sv non-chirp

14. Member
    I'm always using a 2-3 split screen setup. It completely locks up. There's no sound if I press any keys, no scrolling, map not moving, etc. Totally frozen. Power button doesn't even turn it off. I have to remove the unit from the quick connects and then it works again for a little bit. This only happens on my 93sv. I have a 73dv as well, so I normally apply updates to both of them with the same chip.

Downgrade to the previous version to see if the issue goes away.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Lee View Post
    call garmin support my 93sv did same thing , its in the software update
    Did you call? If so, what was their answer? I have a new/last years 93sv (down vu model). Am getting ready to update, not sure now.

Looks like Garmin may have pulled the release from their website. I get an error when trying to get to the software "We were unable to locate any downloads for the product you requested". Rollback to the previous version or wait for a fix.

18. Member
    I have older versions for the GPSmap series, but none for the echomap series. If anyone needs one let me know.

So far this looks like its only an echomap problem and maybe only the 9x series?

My 7610 is updated but I havent turned it on since doing the up-date. Too cold out there!

19. Member
    Looks to me like the 19 Dec up-date is still there for echomaps and gpsmaps. I dont think there was one after that was there?

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pungo View Post
    Looks like Garmin may have pulled the release from their website. I get an error when trying to get to the software "We were unable to locate any downloads for the product you requested". Rollback to the previous version or wait for a fix.
    Its still there

http://www8.garmin.com/support/downl...ls.jsp?id=4749

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast