4 Bank Charger issue/broken???

I currently have a Ranger Pro Series 4 bank charger. 2 of the 4 banks will end up flashing after a day of charging. I checked the batteries and they needed to be replaced so they are now all new. Took the boat out and charged it upon my return from fishing. Still the same thing, 2 will end up flashing. The lights will go from 5 solid red lights and end up flashing 3 red lights on those 2 banks.

Does this mean the charger is broken? Is there a way to repair it???
    If you want a pig, flip a jig!!!

2. Member
    Check the web site for the Manufacturer of charger, if not on site call them!!

3. Member
    Here's what the lights mean if your charger was produced after 2007

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=576297

I called the manufacture and this is what I was told. Anything made from 2007 to today can be repaired. David, the support tech I spoke to was extremely helpful. He said without looking at it he could not guarantee being able to fix it but he is 95% sure it can be fixed. He believed the board in those two banks are bad. I fedExed the charger to them today. Looking at a 2 week turn around. I am also having them give it a good once over, change out the fuses which are heat shanked into the hot wire for each bank....And if anything is questionable, go ahead and change it out!!!

5. Member
    That's why I just replaced my original DualPro 2 bank that came in my 07 with a new DualPro PS3, customer service an repairable instead of throw away.

6. Airborne/Infantry bassnman81's Avatar
    Let us know what it was.

Lake Norman, N.C./New Britain,CT.
    2000 R-81 Ranger, 2015 175 Pro-XS
    Disabled American Veterans, Life Member
    Vietnam Veterans of America, Life Member
    An Khe Vietnam, 66-67

7. Banned
    Dual Pro is a great company, I had a dual Pro in my triton years back that did the same thing. After consulting with them they suggested I send the charger to them for repair. They called me a week after I sent it, told me the warranty was done however, they still repaired it at no cost to me. All I had to do was cover the shipping. They replaced whatever was causing the problem and then some. Charger came back looking and working like new. I since have sold that boat and my ranger has a dual Pro. Because of this customer service I will never purchase another charger. I wish every company would treat their customers like dual pro does. Bravo!

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jtracc View Post
    Dual Pro is a great company, I had a dual Pro in my triton years back that did the same thing. After consulting with them they suggested I send the charger to them for repair. They called me a week after I sent it, told me the warranty was done however, they still repaired it at no cost to me. All I had to do was cover the shipping. They replaced whatever was causing the problem and then some. Charger came back looking and working like new. I since have sold that boat and my ranger has a dual Pro. Because of this customer service I will never purchase another charger. I wish every company would treat their customers like dual pro does. Bravo!
    Never had any problems at all dealing with those guys, super nice and super quick.

Pull/twist the fuse holders . Mine was doing the same thing and it was from bad connections in the fuse holders
    2011 Ranger z521/2023 250ProXS

So far so good for me. Just being able to speak to the support tech over the phone sold me. Can't wait to see what is exactly wrong with this unit. It has been a great charger and for some reason, if this one can't be repaired, I will be buying another one!!!

So I sent this charger back to Pro Charging Sytems. They had it for a week and called to tell me what the damage was. I had two boards that were bad. They replaced the bad boards and also updated codes in the remaining boards. It is being shipped back monday for a total cost of $135!!! Cant beat that. Sure am glad they were able to repair this charger....

12. mikesxpress
    They updated the charger with the new profile for AGM battery charging?

I don't know. I was just told they updated codes. I will call monday and get clarification