Water Pressure Gauge

How to keep your water pressure gauge from freezing up?

2. Member
    My boat is stored is stored in an unheated garage. I put a small,t-stat controlled electric heater on the floor under the console. I turn it to the lowest setting. The heat rises and keeps the water pressure and speedo from freezing. The only other sure way I know of is to remove and store inside. I don't trust bleeder valves.

3. Member
    In my older Stratos i just reach under the dash and unscrew it so the water runs out and leave that way untill i go fishing the next time ? Dont for get to hook it back up , or you may get wet .

4. Member
    disconnect hose from back of guage / put some kind of connector in line disconnect when stored
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

Live in Florida

6. Will work for baits. Fish.Team.Rose's Avatar
    Make sure it drains At end of season? Un hook, jet of air, re hook.
    Keith Rose

In search of what was lost.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Babylon5 View Post
    Live in Florida
    I'm a little more south of you and I am worried about protecting my new boat from freezing. the W/P gauge on my last froze. I know we are going to freeze tomorrow surely yall are to

Rick Someillan
    Lacoochee, Florida
    2016 21 TRX
    250 Pro XS

8. Member
    Just put a Tee with a drain valve in the line and then all you have to do is open the valve and drain it.

9. Member
    that often won't work. The tubing needs to have a straight run to the drain. But under the dash, it is generally lashed with or looped around all sorts of stuff leaving high and low spots. If the tube runs above the speedo connector barb, water won't run out and it will freeze. Best solution is to disconnect at the speedo (usually held by a good zip-tie) BEFORE freezing temps hit. It should drain out of the speedo. I would use modest air pressure on the tube to blow all the water out, particularly out of the lower unit which is the only other point you really care about ice forming.

10. Member
    Mine froze up two nights ago, darn it that's 2 I have had to replace. Thought about about 2 am, knew I had screwed up.

11. Member
    i remove it and store it in the house - the only way
    2020 Ranger Z519 | 2020 Mercury Pro XS 225 4S | Helix 10SI | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Noco GENIUS 10X4
    Fury 3 22P True Pitched | Power Pole Pro 2's | Ghost TM | Mega 360 | MEGA LIVE | Atlas 8in Jack Plate | Trick Step | 3X Amped 80ah Lithiums

12. Member
    Last edited by tj; 08-22-2017 at 02:09 PM.

13. Member
    good idea too
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

14. Member
    look at post #8 same thing