Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul d View Post
    Bought my triton magnum with 115 4 stroke used $6,800 looks perfect and runs like a top, looked for a year but got a great deal.
    Those Triton Magnums were fine boats. I did the opposite of you, I kept the motor from my 176Mag and "reboated" by putting the motor onto a new RT188.
    2018 Ranger RT188 SC Black/115 hp Yamaha SHO 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - north
    2018 Ranger RT188 DC Black/115 hp Merc Pro XS 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - south
    14' Mirrorcraft tin boat (ancient) with a 9.9 Mercury 4-stroke, no electronics; catches fish anyway

2. Goby King
    Quote Originally Posted by basscla View Post
    Thought about upgrading from my 1875 Impact to the 2075 ProV (full windshield version). Price would be double what I paid in 2014. Even used ones are big $$
    I priced a 2175 last year. It is 3x what I paid for my 17'/135hp in 2005.

3. Member
    I was looking hard at tin boats after I sold my 20ft basscat. I was really surprised at the prices.
    I was looking at either 18 foot Ranger or Crestliner. I looked hard!!! After running the numbers, I came to the conclusion I could get a used glass boat
    1-2 yrs, same length with warranty for the same price.
    I now have a Basscat Sabre FTD , Merc 175Proxs with 75hrs for less than a new Ranger RT188. The price gap was too close to justify a new tin.

4. Member
    A Tracker Pro Team 190 TX with a 115 ProXS 4 stroke in standard form sells for $21,255. The 195 TXW with a 150 4 stroke sells for $26,045. The Tournament Edition of the 195/150 4 stroke is 27,845 and has upgrades most buyers are going to make anyway. Those are reasonable numbers for a tin rig with larger HP. The 190 is probably the best value for the dollar. Even with a 24v trolling motor upgrade (most independent dealers give good credit for the standard pull off) and better electronics it can be well under $25.

5. Member
    Things start getting expensive once you get up into 150HP territory. That 150 cost the same whether its on tin or glass. The price gap between a tin hull and glass hull starts to become less significant when you are talking about a $14000 engine.

- 2019 Ranger Z185 - Mercury 150 Pro XS

Here's a listing from a Ranger dealer up in Northern California (it's not the dealer where I bought my '16 RT, but I thought I would post for reference) not sure how they compare with other dealers across the US

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Kelster1574; 01-08-2017 at 09:01 PM.
    2016 Ranger RT 188 - Charcoal / Dark Cherry
    2016 Mercury 115 Fourstroke - Laser II 20p
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80lb.
    Lowrance Elite 12Ti2 Active Imaging 3 in 1
    Garmin 1022 GPSMAP - Liveoptics LVS34 - Tackle Shack Trolling Motor Pole Mount
    Humminbird Helix 7 GPS Only - Lakemaster VX Premium
    Lowrance Elite 12Ti2 Active Imaging 3 in 1 - Navionics +
    NextGen Lithium Batteries
    V-T2 Live well vents
    (2) Loc-R-Bar / Custom brackets - Bream Metals
    BTO Trailer steps

#HomeBrewTackleCo

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shfishinsticks View Post
    I priced a 2175 last year. It is 3x what I paid for my 17'/135hp in 2005.
    Lol sorry but I have to respond to this one....no shit a 11 year newer boat that is 5feet longer with a much bigger engine is 3x more than your old boat. Your boat is also 10x the price of a 13' boat with. 40hp on it from 1995...your aren't comparing apples to apples or even apples to oranges, you are comparing apples to a hammer which are only similar because a hammer uses wood from a tree and an apple comes from a tree

8. Goby King
    Quote Originally Posted by 93ls1rx7 View Post
    Lol sorry but I have to respond to this one....no shit a 11 year newer boat that is 5feet longer with a much bigger engine is 3x more than your old boat. Your boat is also 10x the price of a 13' boat with. 40hp on it from 1995...your aren't comparing apples to apples or even apples

Well, in 2005, a 17' Pro-V with a 150 was over $40k. That's 16k more than I paid for mine. There's not $16k worth of goodies on a Pro-V to justify the price difference. That's apples to apples. I am a Lund fan, but IMO, when you jump up to the Pro-V model, you're paying only for the name and the higher HP rating. They would never sell Pro-V's if they rated the 'economy' models with HP equal to that of the 'premium' boats.

9. Member
    is crazy the tin market has gone up thanks to the high dollar price of the glass boats.

it will be interesting to see how it will behave on the next years.

10. Member
    its still a pretty significant gap. I got my xpress with a ton of options for just a hair over 30k. anything comparable i've seen is atleast another 10k for glass.
    2017 Xpress H20B
    115 Yamaha SHO

11. Member
    Price gouging was a huge contributing factor to why I bought a tin rig 3yrs ago. When i wear the yammy out it will get repaired or replaced and I will hopefully avoid the crazy prices out there on new boats.

One sure way to drive prices down is for everyone to stop paying them.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoXP18CC View Post
    One sure way to drive prices down is for everyone to stop paying them.
    Yep. But as long as folks are taking out mortgages and paying those prices things are not going to change.

13. Member
    I just started a thread asking about Ranger dealers...what about this price? Any opinions? I don't know how to make a picture like the other poster did but here is the website
    Last edited by slabstacker; 10-13-2022 at 11:14 AM.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by buton View Post
    is crazy the tin market has gone up thanks to the high dollar price of the glass boats.

it will be interesting to see how it will behave on the next years.
    I will go ahead and predict in a few years, prices will be higher, and a few years after that, higher still.

15. Banned
    It is what it is... just like it was stated as long as we keep paying these high prices the cost will keep rising. How many buyers have the cash to put down on a new boat??? I personally would never finance a boat, I saved up my money and purchased one. But that's me... as for the price gap between tin and glass, they sure are getting closer in cost. I can't speak for the US but hear in Canada the cost of tin boats are rediculas. This last fall I was in the market for a new rig. Some guy had a RT188 with 115 opti for sale. It had about 80 hours. He was asking $35,000. I ended up grabbing a ranger z118 with 150 opti for much less with 25 hours on the rig. Mind you I got this boat for a fantastic deal and to me a no brainer. The choice might have been different for others, but me personally if I'm going to buy a bass boat it's gonna be a glass set up. Just me...

Quote Originally Posted by slabstacker View Post
    I just started a thread asking about Ranger dealers...what about this price? Any opinions? I don't know how to make a picture like the other poster did but here is the website

http://www.memphisboats.com/default....=xNewInventory
    I think 22,700 is a heck of a good price on that boat. You could add a couple of decent graphs and have a pretty good fishing package. A lot of times if they won't put the graph on as part of the deal, they will sell you an upgrade like a graph at their cost which would be a good deal. I might would try to get them to give you a better graph on the dash like a 7 inch hook or something for free or maybe at their cost.
    Maybe see if they would throw in a step from Ranger.....but without anything at all it seems like a good price to me as it sits. Any Merc dealer would handle warranty and same with the Ranger.
    ----------------------------
    The bitterness of poor quality is remembered
    long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten - Benjamin Franklin

2013 RANGER RT188 - YAMAHA F115 - ULTREX - LOWRANCE GRAPHS
    LOCK-N-HAUL Transom Saver, ALL ABOARD Emergency Ladder
    1996 RANGER CHEROKEE - 40 YAMAHA

17. Member
    In December 2015 I bought a Triton 18TX on an end of year clearance that is basically the same boat as the one in your link. It also had the Mercury 115hp 4 stroke. I paid $21,800 for it with a factory cover, alloy wheels, Laser2 stainless prop, 3 batteries, tiedowns and 2 years of extended warranty.

The Ranger does have a channel trailer vs the tubular one under the Triton. There's also minor cosmetic changes between the two but there the same hull. The Ranger name will also bring a little more money on resale.

When I was shopping the Ranger dealers in my area didn't have many leftover models and were quoting me $25.000 and up for everything I looked at. For what they're quoting you that sounds like a really good price to me. if you're sure that boat is laid out like you like and there's not a bunch of hidden charges I wouldn't wait to long to decide... It may be gone.

18. Member
    No hidden fees, but they sold it, apparently it went quick because I saw it on their Facebook page with the new owners. They still have a few others including one with rawhide? interior. They said its kinda like a truck bedliner type material. Does anyone here have one with this interior or have feedback on the RT188 with rawhide?

19. Member
    AMEN, stop paying the prices they ask and the prices will go down. It's completely out of control, regular working folk are buying bass boats that total damn near 100k with add ons! they have a mortgage payment.

1997 Champion 181
    Merc XR6 150

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12