Was running back to the ramp yesterday and my motor dropped from 5500 RPMs to 4750 RPMs and was sluggish and rough after that. I finished getting to the ramp (about 2 miles) in the 2000-3000 range. I have a really bad feeling I either blew the powerhead or one of the cylinders. The motor was just serviced about six weeks ago and had a full work up (including new plugs, and a whole new wiring harness). I don't think it is bad gas because if it was I would have had motor troubles from the get go and I burned a decent amount of fuel yesterday. I always let the motor warm up and cool down when running and get the motor regularly serviced as stated in the manual and regardless of whether something is wrong or not..... but I also know that there are two types of outboards in the world: those that have blown, and those that haven't blown yet.

Assuming I blew the powerhead or need to have one of the cylinders sleeved, what is a "fair" range on what to expect to repair or replace it? I know different parts of the country might have different service costs, etc.

And yes, I will be calling the dealership tomorrow to get with them on this issue, but the not knowing is killing me.

Thanks in advance.