Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Actually it doesn't do that. Adding the resistor just allowed me to trim to the 22 degrees that the Mercury specs for this motor said it would have. I was trimmed to 17-18 degrees to get the fastest speed. I don't want this boat to be unsafe or to break I just want it to do what they said it would do. Without countless hundred mile trips back to the dealer.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Northwoodswalleye View Post
    I was out in my shop testing voltages. 0 volts is all the way down and it looks to me to be about 1.5volts D.C. is when the trim shuts down. I'm not telling anyone to do this but it sure looks like a resistor can be added in series with the white wire to make it trim higher than it does now. The 3-wire triangular plug on the left side of the motor red +5vdc, black 0vdc, white wire is the variable 0-5vdc. I've got plugs exactly like that in my shop so would be simple to make up one that would fit right in there and also be able to be removed easily.
    Can you send me a picture of which wire your talking about im having the same issue. Hollisnate6@gmail.com

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollis1981 View Post
    Can you send me a picture of which wire your talking about im having the same issue. Hollisnate6@gmail.com
    Welcome to BBC!

Sir- this post hasn't seen any activity in SIX YEARS. I would suggest that you open your own separate post for your engine, and be sure to provide the Required Info (Serial Number- see Forum Announcements) when posting. Thanks!

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12