Question Mounting a ram mount

Just purchased a Ram Mount D-111U-C (the big one with a 2.25" ball) from TW and no mounting screws were included. What size and configuration do I need? Mounting on the front of a Basscat into the area beside the trolling motor petal, so into fiberglass, not the deck. I assume to get stainless as in all marine applications.

2. Banned
    I just installed a Ram-Mount and I used self tapper screws and they are black. Take your base to Lowes and get the best screws that will fit through the holes.

I use stainless bolts and locknuts, but I do that for trolling motor as well.

4. Member
    I used 1/4 20 stainless bugle head, nylock nuts. I was able to reach the back, not sure if you can or not.
    Bullet 21XD, 250 PRO XS

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TobyG.Mo View Post
    I used 1/4 20 stainless bugle head, nylock nuts.
    This!

6. Member
    Printman, your new Cat should have a removable 5 inch round access panel under the troller's foot pedal. That should give you access to the area under the deck so that you can bolt in your base. Use the largest stainless bolts, washers, and lock nuts than will fit.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by catdude28 View Post
    Printman, your new Cat should have a removable 5 inch round access panel under the troller's foot pedal. That should give you access to the area under the deck so that you can bolt in your base. Use the largest stainless bolts, washers, and lock nuts than will fit.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    This and I would add a backing plate as well.

8. Member
    I used 5/16 sis bolts and nylock nuts, and a backing plate.
    1 1/2 long
    Machins screws w/ tapered head. (Phillips)
    My mounting base holes could be bigger than yours?
    The base is the biggest Ram makes, for my 1198

9. Member
    No self tapers for anything over a 5 inch unit. Get stainless bolts and some big washers and nylon lock washers. Self tapers will flake and crack the area around the screw

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by catdude28 View Post
    Thanks, I was unaware of the access panel under the pedal. I will go that route.

11. Member
    Fender washers on the nut side too.

12. BBC Lifetime Member Fish TR19's Avatar
    I would get a metal "plate" or a big washer same size as the base of the ram mount to put on the under side of the glass.
    I was able to find a washer big enough when I mounted my 1 1/2 in ram. Drilled holes in the washer to match the base, used SS bolts and nylock nuts. Kinda spread the stress all the way around instead of just where the bolts go through.

13. Member
    You might want one of these to mount your unit on. Provides a nice neat installation if it will work for you. http://www.transducershieldandsaver....ts/ram-mounts/

14. Banned
    Mine is mounted on a cable management base, through bolted with large washers, a backing plate and nylock nuts

Quote Originally Posted by TobyG.Mo View Post
    I used 1/4 20 stainless bugle head, nylock nuts. I was able to reach the back, not sure if you can or not.
    What I did as well but put stainless fender washers on the bottom side

16. Member
    My Puma does not have an access under the trolling motor petal so I am limited as to an install options, meaning I can't get washers and nuts under the glass, so I guess I am stuck with mounting with screws only from the top side.

17. Member
    My 2015 P2 has the access port under a plastic cover. I thought BCB was putting it into all of the models from that year on. Sorry, my mistake.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

18. Member
    These may fit the bill for you: http://www.homedepot.com/p/Hilti-1-4...2329/204992997

Attached Images Attached Images