Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Actually I think the ranger 520 rides better than the 521 in 2 footers plus on KY lake and other large reservoirs with 2-3 footers sometimes ... if your in 4 footers time to get off the lake in any bass boat imho

but an 18 foot boat on ky lake etc unless a deep v just sucks when the waves get beyond a foot and half

if your never ever going to fish a big body of water then it matters not as long as the boat fits your storage needs and organizational expectations imho I would say the 18/19s. Shine at that point

2. Member
    I went from a 17'6" javelin to a 19'6" skeeter and the difference in size is huge. That two feet of length reflects in the front casting deck, there is so much room for activates up there. The storage space is so much more. The 19'6" for me is a perfect size right now does good in rough water, I fish Sturgeon Bay and have ran all the way across the bay of Green Bay to get there and half way across in the 2-3 chop it handled awesome.
    2003 Skeeter ZX200

3. Member
    I went from a 17.5 tin to a 21ft triton. Love the huge deck. But i have to park at a strict angle. So id say get whatever you can fit in your garage.

I picked up a 21 foot triton this past monday wont get on the water for a few weeks. Still too cold here to get out on the water. Atleast for me anyways.

5. Member
    Ha! Me too! Mighty mississippi is rough right now.

6. Member
    I read "big bodies of water" referenced when comparing these lengths of boats. I know it's not an exact science, but what is considered "big"? (insert joke about what my wife considers big here)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12