Thread: Rewiring graphs

Thumbs down Rewiring graphs

#18Today, 10:19 AM
    Rewiring graphs.

I'm gonna go ahead and install 3 hds 12s, 2 at dash and one at the bow. I am gonna I hook them fromthe boat harness and put a fuse block In and wire to it. I also plan on running a ground wire out the boat and attaching it to the transducer or jp some how. That way I have a true ground when in the water. Should I use 12/2 up to the fuse block? And 14 for the graphs? I have a cableas battery the biggest one they make. So I'm sure it'll be ok.
    2016 f250 diesel
    2013 phoenix 920xp
    250 pro xs
    pb 9.72

2. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nwaangler View Post
    #18Today, 10:19 AM
    Rewiring graphs.

I'm gonna go ahead and install 3 hds 12s, 2 at dash and one at the bow. I am gonna I hook them fromthe boat harness and put a fuse block In and wire to it. I also plan on running a ground wire out the boat and attaching it to the transducer or jp some how. That way I have a true ground when in the water. Should I use 12/2 up to the fuse block? And 14 for the graphs? I have a cableas battery the biggest one they make. So I'm sure it'll be ok.
    I would run 10 awg and then 14 to the graphs but 12 will be fine, just thinking if you are installing a fuse box you might want to add something else late and better to have the 10, where do you plan to mount the fuse box?
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

3. Member
    I was thinking in the drivers side rod locker against her wall next to the dash. I will prolly add a hydro wave. I have rigid lights in but have them connected to the harness. I want to put it somewhere that I don't have to work to get to. If I put in rod locker I will have to put up rods or move them.
    2016 f250 diesel
    2013 phoenix 920xp
    250 pro xs
    pb 9.72

4. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    thats where mine is and where Phoenix puts them on all the 9 series now, although I extended my panel out and the fuse box is now hidden I can move the panel with 2 screws
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    info@drewcraft.com

5. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    here is a small one with ground buss and cover, the good thing about doing it this way is no inline fuses and each graph will have its own fuse with easy access.https://www.amazon.com/Blue-Sea-Syst...aterproof&th=1
    info@drewcraft.com

6. Member
    That's the one I was gonna use. I've used it before.
    2016 f250 diesel
    2013 phoenix 920xp
    250 pro xs
    pb 9.72

Quote Originally Posted by DREWTICK View Post
    here is a small one with ground buss and cover, the good thing about doing it this way is no inline fuses and each graph will have its own fuse with easy access.https://www.amazon.com/Blue-Sea-Syst...aterproof&th=1
    Good idea. I've used that box before. Can't beat it...great product!

2013 Phoenix 721 ProXP

8. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    I ran out of Space on the 12 space block
    Attached Images Attached Images
    info@drewcraft.com

On my Triton when I hooked my hds 9 and 12 to the same fuse block I blew a fuse when I cranked my motor. Since then I ran them straight to the battery with an in line fuse on each power wire.

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

10. Member
    Drewtick,

Any issues with using this same setup the Onix units? (Two 8's at the bow and one 8 on the console)

Going to rewiring my starting this weekend

Thank you,
    Darrin
    Darrin J. Engstrom
    Musky Hunt Guide Service
    Chippewa Falls, WI 54279
    http://www.muskyhunt.com

11. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin Engstrom View Post
    Drewtick,

Any issues with using this same setup the Onix units? (Two 8's at the bow and one 8 on the console)

Going to rewiring my starting this weekend

Thank you,
    Darrin
    shold work fine, one thing to keep in mind when adding a fuse box is the you also need to fuse the main wire feeding the fuse box, usually a 30amp at the battery and main disconnect if you have one.
    info@drewcraft.com

12. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    This is how I usually wire a fuse box and also the way Phoenix wires the new integrated wiring on the 9 series, this way you can kill the power to the fuse box with out putting a load on a switch. does not require master disconnect
    Attached Images Attached Images
    info@drewcraft.com

13. Member
    Wow.

Thank you Drewtick.

Looking forward to working on the 920 this weekend.

Darrin
    Darrin J. Engstrom
    Musky Hunt Guide Service
    Chippewa Falls, WI 54279
    http://www.muskyhunt.com